News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungary, The Commemorative Medal of the Diósgyőri Steel Works

Hello,

today I like to show you the Commemorative Medal of the Diósgyőri Steel Works and the respective document.

Commemorative Medal of the Diósgyőri Steel Works,

Commemorative medal of the Lenin iron and steel works

The Commemorative Medal of Diósgyőri Steelworks was donated by the Council of Ministers with Ministerial Council Decision number 1038 in 1952 as an award for working people who were involved in the construction and expansion of Diósgyőri Steelworks and did a good job in this regard.

The name of the award was renamed by the Council of Ministers number 1032 in 1953 by the Council of Ministers in memory medal of the Lenin iron and steel works.

The commemorative medal has two classes. The 1st class (silver) of the award could be given to those who worked continuously for 2 years in the construction and expansion of the Diósgyőri steelworks, the 2nd class (bronze) for those who worked continuously for at least 1 year and who demonstrated their good performance to earn the commemorative medal.

The commemorative medal was awarded by the Minister of Steel and Mechanical Engineering.

By: A MAGYAR NÉPKÖZTÁRSASÁG KITÜNTETÉSEI, BUDAPEST 1979

lenin Staalwerk.jpg

Lenin Staalwerk Urkunde.jpg

Richard S.

Nice award, document and thread.  There is an interesting posting on WIKI on the town of  Diósgyőr   and the factory your medal was issued for.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diósgyőr  I'll have to post some of my awards and documents.  They have lain dormant since the Hungarian sub forum was closed.

Regards,

Gordon