News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KO4 between 1909 and 1914, traceable

Hi

Having some time on my hands because of this corona-infested era, I am, next to catching up on my reading, trying to fill in some gaps.

Phaleristically, I have this one: somewhere between the publication of the DOA of 1908/9 and the beginning of WW1, Louis von Müldner, the subject of my research on and of for the last 25 years, was awarded the KO4.

Would it be at all possible to determine the date of this award?

Announcement in the Königlich Preußischer Staatsanzeiger for

Fürstlich Reußisches Ehrenkreuz 3. Klasse: 20. Juli 1903

Ehrenkreuz 4. Klasse des Fürstlich Schaumburg-Lippischen Hausordens: 3. Januar 1908

But there is always an delay between the award dates and these announcements in the Prussian periodical gazette of some weeks or sometimes some month!

Staatsanzeiger 20. Juli 1903.jpg

Staatsanzeiger 3. Januar 1908.jpg

1 hour ago, Deruelle said:

Which is your sources please ?Militär Verordnungsblatt ?

Königlich Preußische Ordensliste 1905, Siebenter Nachtrag

7. Nachtrag zur Ordensliste von 1905.JPG

1 hour ago, David M said:

Great info! Where did you find that letter to him? Do you  have a connection in your own researchinterests?

Some years ago I wrote an article about the post war awards of the Hausorden von Hohenzollern by the Ex-Kaiser. I found most of the informations about these Doorn Awards here.

Edited by Komtur

3 hours ago, Komtur said:

Announcement in the Königlich Preußischer Staatsanzeiger for

Fürstlich Reußisches Ehrenkreuz 3. Klasse: 20. Juli 1903

Ehrenkreuz 4. Klasse des Fürstlich Schaumburg-Lippischen Hausordens: 3. Januar 1908

But there is always an delay between the award dates and these announcements in the Prussian periodical gazette of some weeks or sometimes some month!

SNIP

The SLH4 was awarded on 15. October 1907, so a little over 2 1/2 months.

1 hour ago, Dave Danner said:

The SLH4 was awarded on 15. October 1907, so a little over 2 1/2 months.

Thank you, that is always of interest and seems in the frame of timerange of that delay I noticed until now.

Hi Komtur

Would it be as easy for you to check for any decorations to the other MvM, Louis' brother Georg? I have a bunch of his wartime decorations, but I would like to know if he got anything else (either prewar or wartime). He is not in any wartime rolls published so far or in the DOA 1908/9.

He did get the

PHO3X date known

EK1 and 2 dates unknown

OMVK3 date unknown

SLK2 date known

And I am hoping to add anything. 

Edited by David M

His only prewar decoration would appear to be the 1897 Centenary Medal.  There is a good chance he would have received the Dienstauszeichnungskreuz für Offiziere for 25 years' service around 1919-20, when many Prussian officers received that belated award (Prussia delayed awards of the DA to officers during the war itself).

Given how many years he spent in IR 76 before the war, there is a good chance that if he was nominated for the Hamburg Hanseatenkreuz, it would have been approved.

Ah I see. Basically Georg had the 'bad luck' to in a hanseaten Regiment as hanseatic cities do not have any peacetime awards.

Final question is on the background of the awards. I get the schaumburg-lippe award to Louis being an officer in JB7. The garrison was in Bückeburg.

What about the Reuss award? Is it possible to find out the why behind this award to a JB7 officer?