News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hillary Clinton Presidential Campaign Silver Eagle

Can anyone tell me anything about this coin? 

Was it created specifically by the Clinton campaign or by some enterprising company with the hope of making a few dollars? 

If specifically by the Clinton campaign is there anyway of ascertaining exactly how many where made? 

Where they given away to people who had assisted in some way during the lead up to the election or just carte blanche?

70E8B59C-71DB-480E-A04D-E5564DAB0C8A.jpeg

C3464C60-EC8D-4129-8A25-AD634F7A9451.jpeg

The above coin was produced by the Merrick Mint which specializes in colored coins for the collector (?) market. The are still in stock for $46.95 each.  As far as I can tell they have no official connection with the Hillary Clinton campaign.  Place "Hillary Clinton Silver Eagle" in Google and Merrickmint.com should be one of the choices.  WSG was primarily a grading company for baseball trading cards but now appears to have a coin division.  

The coin is one of many colorized, commemorative 'coins' sold by so-called 'mints' that sell bullion 'coins' to the public.  Silver currently is just over $15.00 per ounce, so at the price they are charging for the coin you are buying an ounce of silver with a nice design (if you like Hillary!) for three times its value in silver. If you try to sell these types of coins to a coin or bullion dealer my experience is that you will get paid a few percentage points below the silver bullion price at that time.

11 hours ago, Gunner 1 said:

The above coin was produced by the Merrick Mint which specializes in colored coins for the collector (?) market. The are still in stock for $46.95 each.  As far as I can tell they have no official connection with the Hillary Clinton campaign.  Place "Hillary Clinton Silver Eagle" in Google and Merrickmint.com should be one of the choices.  WSG was primarily a grading company for baseball trading cards but now appears to have a coin division.  

The coin is one of many colorized, commemorative 'coins' sold by so-called 'mints' that sell bullion 'coins' to the public.  Silver currently is just over $15.00 per ounce, so at the price they are charging for the coin you are buying an ounce of silver with a nice design (if you like Hillary!) for three times its value in silver. If you try to sell these types of coins to a coin or bullion dealer my experience is that you will get paid a few percentage points below the silver bullion price at that time.

Many thanks Gunner, I had a suspicion that this could be the case.

The fact that their still selling them 4 years later would perhaps suggest that they weren’t very popular ??!!!

Had they have been an official creation by the Clinton Campaign, I might have been tempted just from an historical perspective, but as this isn’t the case think I’ll give them a wide berth.....