News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Seeking Purchase Advice on WW1 M.S.M. Decoration

Good Morning Gentleman, 

I sincerely hope everyone here is feeling well, & more importantly, remains that way. I have a quick question regarding a potential purchase I'm considering, & I want to get an idea as their current market value, & or desirability. It's an British WW1 era Army, 'Meritorious Service Medal',   [ G.V., basic style obverse, with F. M.'s uniform. ] Properly named to a Cpl., or Acting Sgt., R.F.A.. [ Can't recall which Rank at the moment. ] It also notes his particular sub unit, Battery & Brigade. From what basic research I've done, it does appear to have been awarded for 'Devotion', not an 'immediate gallantry' award. All in all, just your basic, excellent condition WW1 Geo. V M.S.M.. Now, I can purchase it for 166.305 U.K. Pounds, [ with Postage Paid ] which equates to $208 U.S.D., based upon today's currency rates. So, my question is;  Should I grab this M.S.M. for that price, or is it not that great of an value ? I've always noted the the M.S.M.'s tended to sell for somewhat more than say an M.M., but is that fact still true in today's market ? If anyone here would be so kind as to point me in the right direction on this, I'll be very much appreciative. THANK YOU

Best,   Dom P. / dpast32@aol.com

SORRY Guys, I have no idea why my above query appeared as it did, not do I know how to correct it ? ( I have tried ! ) At least my actual question is legible, so I guess I'll just leave as is. Again, I do apologize !!

Dom Pastore Jr.

Edited by dpast32

THANK YOU Paul, I appreciate your input. Yes, it was for France, & his WW1 M.I.C. is stamped 'Devotion' right on the front of it. Also, if I recall correctly, he was authorized an annuity for it. I promised myself to not do anymore 'impulse purchases', by it's just so darn hard as I truly love to collect British & Commonwealth medals ! The owner initially wanted more, but just offered it up for the price I just quoted.

Dom Pastore Jr.

Edited by dpast32