News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Order of Queen Tamara- Historically the first Georgian military award

Hi everyone! ?

I am a new member here.

I want to share my Tamara award with members of the Tamara Order club ?

Tamara1.thumb.jpg.0bdfdf798d45a7d8b0714a43db762e2f.jpg

periods of issuance of the Order of Queen Tamara:

1) In 1915-1917 ( WWI period) awards were issued by the Committee of the Liberation of Georgia (1914-1918)

2) After gaining independence, in 1918-1919- award certificates were issued by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Georgia (1918-1921) to German troops located in Georgia.

3)  From the 1920s until the end of World War II ( After the Soviet occupation of Georgia in 1921), the Tamara awards were issued by representatives of the Georgian government in exile in France 

4) After WWII- till now, the Tamara awards are issued by the Georgian Royal Family.

Edited by GEORGIA on my mind

2 hours ago, bryansk1959 said:

Hello.Great photo. What is the  badge in priest's buttonhole?

From the shape I would guess that it is a miniature Tamara also because Shalva does not appear to have received any other orders or awards.

1 hour ago, bryansk1959 said:

I agree with you, it is embarrassing that he wore both a miniature and the order at once.

I don't know if I'd call it embarrassing as he simply might have not known the regulations of wear.

This photo might have been taken right after he received it and therefore he wanted to wear everything. Or he was wearing the mini and the photographer asked him to put on his order. I think it is interesting to see him wearing both as you just don't see it very often.

3 hours ago, bryansk1959 said:

Yes, I have never seen a mini in the photo and they are found much less often than the full-sized orders of Tamara. I have only two mini orders of Tamara in my collection.

Show them, I would love to see.... 

Shalom Mr. alexander! I was so amazed and so happy seeing Tamara order as your profile picture! So nice photo.  The buttonhole should be mini Tamara award which was also common thing during that time. P.S. As I see you have wide collection of Tamara awards,  so great collection of mini Tamara's! So nice, I wish I had also more than one Tamara Order

I want to share some materials from my electronic archive regarding the Queen Tamara military award.

Bilingual Tamara Award Certificate (written in Georgian and German languages). The certificate was issued by the Committee of The Liberation of Georgia around 1917-1918. ( I think it was probably issued in 1918, before the official declaration of independence of Georgia from Russian Empire ( 26 May, 1918) ). Recipient of the award and certificate was Romanian lieutenant - Bodo von Konig. 

The document is signed by officials of the Committee of The Liberation of Georgia:
    1) Prince Georges Matchabelli
    2) George Kereselidze 
    3) Alexander Gozalishvili

Sertificate.jpg

Edited by GEORGIA on my mind

I think also the same. 

Another version of the Tamara Award Certificate.

This certificate is also bilingual but as I understand it is written in Georgian and French languages. 
    The certificate was issued by the Committee of the Liberation of Georgia in Constantinople (Istanbul) on May 1, 1917.

1074977677_Tamara4.thumb.jpg.5d0bed652565354a616dfa57293ca50d.jpg

A very interesting thing is the head of the certificate is decorated with  Tamara Award and with the flags of Georgian legion 

1631505901_TAMARAORDEN5.png.0b81a053f5b03e3aafe5c5536e4db155.png

5 hours ago, bryansk1959 said:

A very interesting document on earl Schulenburg. Who was first consul in Tiflis, and then German ambassador in the USSR.

Schulenburg was a great person. He had written notes of the Anthem of the first Republic of Georgia in his notebook. I saw pictures of his notes some times ago. He loved and supported Georgia very much

Friedrich-Werner Graf von der Schulenburg with his puppy in front of the German consulate building in Tiflis (Tbilisi) 1910s 

p.s. I like this pic so much :)

1276518463_Friedrich-WernerGrafvonderSchulenburg.jpg.304b85b40bf0fdfffb3995ec844b5744.jpg