News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Panama order manufacturing

Gentlemen, the Panamanian government commissioned a Chinese manufacturer to manufacture their order. I think I need to tell you (although I do n’t know its name) that we can buy it at a price of 1200 RMB. But I think this is fake. . And from the picture, it is very low.

psc.thumb.jpg.d5a409288fea926c964b071d2a4a085b.jpg473063418_psc(1).thumb.jpg.cf818c291442cf577a63b0cc6d049824.jpg681597166_psc(2).thumb.jpg.991ebd860c9b861c85cda573e6968f7c.jpg1772243762_psc(3).thumb.jpg.166cd7ca2a58e836804ebdd46b796dcc.jpg1042443534_psc(4).thumb.jpg.306d5e9dcd32619a2f05c2e786be75f4.jpg1020829020_psc(6).thumb.jpg.e25a57532caa71352f5710784db5b0c2.jpg892337511_psc(5).thumb.jpg.c240256882a0bca7a225d780f224c1fa.jpg

I think the boss will send a killer to chase me down!:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Megan,

Hello Gentlemen,

The Order of Omar Torrijos Herrara which was instituted by Act N°23 on 14 December 1982, was then a single class military awards, instituted by the Republic of Panama, from the Noriega era.

According to manufacturing (3 separated parts), it is likely that this award, was the manufactured in the Republic of China ( Taiwan ), as on that time, Panama was recognizing the Republic of China, as the onliest China. Only in 2017, Panama switched to recognize the People's Republic of China as the onliest China. Reverse of the Order is blank.

There were others military awards that were instituted during this era, but only the Order of Omar Torrijos Herrera was later revived (Executive Decree N°336 of 13 July 1995), because the General Omar Torrijos Herrera is still considered as a National Hero in Panama, for having started the process of the return of the Panama Canal Zone to the Republic of Panama, in 1977. Process that was completed in 1999. It is interesting to note that General Omar Torrijos was never President of the Republic of Panama, but was Lider Máximo de la Revolucion Panamea from 1968 till his death in an airplane crash on 31 June 1981.

Best regards.

Emmanuel

Panama Order Omar Torrijos 1st Type 1982 B.jpg

Edited by heusy68

On 13 July 1995, the Republic of Panama reinstitute the Order of Omar Torrijos Herrera as a 3 Classes Order 

Grand Collar 

Grand Cross with a Golden breast star

Grand Cross with a Silver breast star

Panama Order Omar Torrijos Grand Cross.jpg

Panama Order Omar Torrijos sash badge.jpg

I have been 2 times to Panama City ( November 2016 & January 2018). Those who knows me in the real life, knows that I travel for multiple purpose, one of them, is to grab and bought Orders & Medals in every country I visit, to increase my collection, but also to share the knowledge I can learned, and the make it more easily accessible for all.

In Nov 2016, I visited the manufacturer which supply to the Chancellery of Panama, and I have been able to bought a Grand Cross of General Omar Torrijos Herrera with sliver breast star, in its case of issue. From the same shop I bought a sash badge of Order Amador Guerro & a Commandor of Amador Guerrero.

But prices for Order Amador Guerrero were far from being equivalent of those mentioned above by 1812 Ouverture ( 1200 Rmb = 120 €). Price were around 1200 US $, and believe t or not, they were not manufactured in China, but in Firenze in Italia, by a family member of the middlemen who own the shop in Panama.

If Arnaud Gailleurd rememebers, I told to him directly on that topic, when we met in late march or early april 2018, in Ritz Carlton Singapore.

Best regards.

Emmanuel

Panama Order Omar Torrijos 2nd Type Grand Cross breast star of the Silver Cross of Grand Cross.jpg

Panama Order Omar Torrijos Type 2 Grand Cross with silver breast star.jpg

Edited by heusy68

• 4 weeks later...

Hello 922F,

It's not hard enamel, but I never saw this Order in hard enamel. 

There is the 3rd Order of Panama (created in 1970), Order of Belisarrio Porras (I mean, it is the Panama 3rd Order by sequence of creation), which for this one, exist in various quality, as I have it produced by Fibo of of Bogota (from the 1970ies), and by the Panama supplier of nowadays , also with same "soft enamel".

Here I sadly have only photo of the Belisario Porras Order 1st Class made by Fibo of Bogota. I ounce saw a 2nd Class set for sale in France (also Fibo Made), that one ex Klenau Auction from the 1970ies.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Panama Order Belisario Porras Grand Cross breast star.jpg

Panama Order Belisario Porras Grand Cross set.jpg

Edited by heusy68

I found photo of Order Belisario Porras from the current (soft enamel) manufacture.

Manufacturer is same than the one of Order Omar Torrijos 2nd Type. 

I consider myself happy to have catch a 1st Class set of the 1970 manufacture when I was last time in Panama in 2018.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Panama Order Belisario Porras Grand Cross sash badge.jpg

Panama Order Belisario Porras 2nd Class set in modern manufacture..jpg

• 1 month later...