Jump to content

Recommended Posts

With the 1918 Rangliste I can confirm he was awarded the Roter Adler-Orden 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub.

Can anyone confirm he was awarded the Roter Adler-Orden 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Stern mit Schwertern on 01 April 1918? The source for this information is the Excel Gesamtliste I was given on this forum. However, the surname is written as "Jacobsen". But I think it could be a typo because Hermann Jacobsen is listed as Vizeadmiral z.D. where his RAO is written.

Thanks for any help!

Untitled.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Here the corret data of Leo Jacobsen from my List "Seeoffiziere". The complete list contains all ranks and branches of the imperial german navy, so it is not so detailed

Best regards
Markus

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Centenarmedaille

Kapitänleutnant

1897, 03.22.S

Torpedowerkstatt Friedrichsort, Assistent

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

DK Danebrog-O. Ritterkreuz

Kapitänleutnant

1900, 12.10.

MOLTKE, 1. Offizier

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Türk. Osmanie-O. 3. Kl.

Korvettenkapitän

1901, 02.14.

MOLTKE, 1. Offizier

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Griech. Erlöser-O. Offizierkreuz

Korvettenkapitän

1901, 04.06.

MOLTKE, 1. Offizier

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. RAO 4. Kl.

Korvettenkapitän

1902, 01.19.

SCHWALBE, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Dienstauszeichnungskreuz XXV

Korvettenkapitän

1902, 05.01.R

SCHWALBE, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Kronen-O. 3. Kl.

Fregattenkapitän

1905, 06.23.

Marinestation der Ostsee, z. Vfg.

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Russ. St.Annen-O. 2. Kl.

Kapitän zur See

1906, 07.19.

YORCK, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. RAO 3. Kl. m. Schleife

Kapitän zur See

1907, 09.07.

YORCK, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Kronen-O. 2. Kl.

Kapitän zur See

1909, 09.05.

KURFUERST FRIEDRICH WILHELM, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. RAO 2. Kl. m. EL.

Konteradmiral

1912, 01.21.

II. Marine-Inspektion, Inspekteur

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Kronen-O. 2. Kl., Stern z.

Konteradmiral

1913, 06.16.

Helgoland, Kommandant von

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Eisernes Kreuz 1914 I. Kl.

Vizeadmiral

1918, 02.14.R

Helgoland, Kommandant von

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone help me confirm if Vizeadmiral Leo Jacobson was awarded the Roter Adler-Orden 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Stern mit Schwertern on 01 April 1918?

Perhaps someone could check in the Militär-Wochenblatt or Marineverordnungsblatt?

Please...

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even then it is simply polite to thank someone who bothers to respond to your question. This is, after all, a gentleman's club. BTW, I've noticesd you mostly ask questions and rarely contribute - how come? 

Kind regards, 

Sandro

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I should have thanked him. If you are reading this, thank you Markus. 

As you can see from my name, I am more of an expert on Kriegsmarine Admirals. And people here rarely have questions about Kriegsmarine Admirals. Don't you think I also contribute by asking questions? I personally do.

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

I agree, I should have thanked him. If you are reading this, thank you Markus. 

As you can see from my name, I am more of an expert on Kriegsmarine Admirals. And people here rarely have questions about Kriegsmarine Admirals. Don't you think I also contribute by asking questions? I personally do.

Regards

Frankly, no, contributing would mean sharing info you have, not having others answer your questions. I think your're filling your database, on the basis of publicly accessible pics.

Mind you, I have no issue with that per se, but would expect you to thank those who try to help you doing so, even if you don't find their contribution helpful. But I see we at least agree on that now.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2020 at 05:56, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

Sorry, but his information is from the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste that I already have. And it doesn't reveal anything about the question I asked.

I don't know if you realize this, but we wouldn't even have a Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste if it weren't for Markus.  That's right... the person you are reluctant to thank because you "already have the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste" is the person who actually compiled and published the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste. 

Also, I'm confused by the observation that you "contribute" by asking questions.  Going by that logic, I believe I can say that I contribute to meal preparation by eating the food. (My wife's going to be thrilled when I tell her that.)               

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Simius Rex said:

I don't know if you realize this, but we wouldn't even have a Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste if it weren't for Markus.  That's right... the person you are reluctant to thank because you "already have the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste" is the person who actually compiled and published the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste. 

Also, I'm confused by the observation that you "contribute" by asking questions.  Going by that logic, I believe I can say that I contribute to meal preparation by eating the food. (My wife's going to be thrilled when I tell her that.)               

I didn't know that he compiled the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste. I was given this list by another member of the forum. It's my bad then, and I apologize for my mistake.

My badge says I'm an active contributor on this forum. I don't care what other people think "active contribution" means. Sandro implied I only ask for help, while I give nothing in return. That's simply not true. Feel free to check my posting history, and you will see plenty of instances where I also helped and answered other people's questions. Regardless what you think, "asking questions" does indeed contribute to this forum. It opens new topics for discussion, and perhaps sparks the interest of other people. If we don't ask questions, then what's the point of having a forum like this?

I don't intend to quarrel further regarding this, and I won't be responding to any more of these kind of statements. If you can't help me with the question I originally asked on this thread, then please ignore it and move on, but don't attack me and my contribution on this forum. Otherwise, I will ask a moderator to lock this thread.

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

I didn't know that he compiled the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste. I was given this list by another member of the forum. It's my bad then, and I apologize for my mistake.

My badge says I'm an active contributor on this forum. I don't care what other people think "active contribution" means. Sandro implied I only ask for help, while I give nothing in return. That's simply not true. Feel free to check my posting history, and you will see plenty of instances where I also helped and answered other people's questions. Regardless what you think, "asking questions" does indeed contribute to this forum. It opens new topics for discussion, and perhaps sparks the interest of other people. If we don't ask questions, then what's the point of having a forum like this?

I don't intend to quarrel further regarding this, and I won't be responding to any more of these kind of statements. If you can't help me with the question I originally asked on this thread, then please ignore it and move on, but don't attack me and my contribution on this forum. Otherwise, I will ask a moderator to lock this thread.

Regards

Not entirely sure why you're upset, because you asked the question whether questions count as contributions, and two members tell you they think not. BTW, on your own suggestion, I've quickly checked your list of latest posts, and all I could find were positings of you asking for help on identification of medals worn by admirals on pics scanned from the Hildebrandt series. I have no problem with that, but I can not see why you would get upset if people don't consider that a contribution.

 

A contribution would be me identifying the order of the griffon for you, as I did yesterday, or you sharing the list you have complied, like Markus did. 

Anyway, enough said, time to move on.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GdC26 said:

A contribution would be me identifying the order of the griffon for you, as I did yesterday, or you sharing the list you have complied, like Markus did. 

After I compile the lists of awards of all the Imperial (and other periods, for example Reichsmarine and pre-1871) admirals, I intend to share it. That's my ultimate goal. I did the same thing with Kriegsmarine Admirals. Over on the Axis History Forum I have a thread called "Database of Kriegsmarine Admirals" where I posted photos and lists of awards of every single Kriegsmarine Admiral. That was never done before (the lists of awards part I mean). Feel free to check it out: https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=239341

That is the main reason why I'm asking for help with awards of Imperial admirals on this forum. I think this forum has a lot of people who can help me with that kind of stuff, and I was not wrong so far.

And when I'm finished I want to post the lists on this forum, so anyone interested will be able to look it up. It's just that it takes time and effort to compile those lists. Currently I'm on the letter "S" of the alphabet.

2 hours ago, GdC26 said:

Not entirely sure why you're upset

I am upset because you questioned my contribution to this forum, and honestly I feel offended. You implied I was not "gentlemanly" enough because I didn't thank Markus. I corrected my mistake. And this was the only time I didn't thank someone for helping me. I always do, because it means a lot to me when members of this or other forums help me.

I agree that we should move on. I don't want this "incident" to get in the way of future cooperation.

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Kriegsmarine Admiral, your comment about the list is helpful background. If you re-read the thread, you’ll see that I called your gentlemanliness into question after you expressly declined to thank Markus because had not given you anything you did not already have. You have since corrected that, and have now explained that you intend to disclose the list you are compiling, as you have done with a similar list posted elsewhere. If you do that, you are definitely a contributor, and your thank you to Markus reestablishes you as a gentleman. So case closed, as far as I’m concerned.

Kind regards,

Sandro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Blog Comments

    • I've never smoked a single cigarette in my 62 years so I can't compare, but I can say that I like Lapsang Souchong tea, having tasted it the first time when I was 16, and a sea cadet. I'm not a Brit, though.
    • Lapsang Souchong, when i first tasted this I thought it was like stale cigarette ends...it's an acquired taste for sure.  
    • I like my tea strong enough for my spoon to stand up in. My father got me into it. When my father was at RAF Dum Dum 1943-47 most of his fellow officers drank ice cold drinks to mitigate  the heat, his Sikh batman warned him against it and said that strong hot tea would cool him down, most certainly did. So years later in the UK when everybody else was drinking iced drinks on a baking day the wood family was inbibing copious quantities of hot strong brews of Assam's finest. P
    • Hi ccj, Thanks for your comments. Funny how, for me at least, coffee has become a habit more than a conscience choice. It's the old, "Well if you having one (coffee) pour me as well". When I get together with my son-in-law, a former Brit, it's tea all the way. Thanks again. Regards Brian  
    • I live and grew up in the south (USA) and the drink of choice 7 days a week was cold sweet tea. I was unaware Lipton was British because that’s what most southern use for brewing tea. When I joined the army I learned most people in the north and western parts of the USA drank unsweetened tea and that was perplexing to my young brain. Now days I can’t stand sweet iced tea but it’s still the most common drink in the south, but, you can get unsweetened ice tea in the south. Im familiar with ho
×
×
  • Create New...