Jump to content

Looking for MMJO (Military Order of Max Joseph) recipient


Recommended Posts

Dear all,

I have this ribbon bar with an MMJO, which came from Zeige some time ago. I haven been looking for this recipient ever since.

I recently picked up a copy of the 1925 Ranklist. Assuming the golden eagles represent continuous service since 1918 and ribbon 4 represents the OM3K (Militärverdienstkreuz mit Kriegsdekoration ), I figured our guy could and should be found in the 1925 ranklist. After going through the 1925 ranklist -twice- I found two names with the exact combination (BMJ3/BM4x/OM3K):

Ritter von Thoma
Ritter von Weber

My most important questions would be, are my assumptions correct and could I have missed anyone? 

Best,

Peter

MMJO.thumb.JPG.8d018723bb67c5536d1845c5da740259.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, drspeck said:

I recently picked up a copy of the 1925 Ranklist. Assuming the golden eagles represent continuous service since 1918 and ribbon 4 represents the OM3K (Militärverdienstkreuz mit Kriegsdekoration ), I figured our guy could and should be found in the 1925 ranklist. 

 

 

Not necessarily. If your guy was in the Police between the Wars and rejoined the Army he could have 25 years service and would not be listed in the Rank List. Just something to consider.

Kind regards,
Pierce

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, P.F. said:

Not necessarily. If your guy was in the Police between the Wars and rejoined the Army he could have 25 years service and would not be listed in the Rank List. Just something to consider.

Kind regards,
Pierce

Pierce, I will. Are there any other sources besides the ranklist to check?

2 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Peter,

my bet is:

Militärverdienstmedaille Bayern

Militärverdienstkreuz 2 X ? Bayern

Verdienstkreuz Gold X Österreich

 

Kind regards

Andreas

Andreas, the Verdienstmedaille is also something to check. It is one of the orders in the 1925 ranklist so I will also check the ranklist for this combo. 

Good suggestions :cheers:

Edited by drspeck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Peter,

my bet is:

Militärverdienstmedaille Bayern

Militärverdienstkreuz 2 X ? Bayern

Verdienstkreuz Gold X Österreich

 

Kind regards

Andreas

Hello Peter,

I agree with Andreas.  This field ribbon bar most-likely belonged to an NCO (who could have been promoted to a field-grade Leutnant in WWI) who was a MVM/TKM recipient.  There is therefore no way to identify who the recipient of these awards was.  There is nothing to necessarily indicate that this belonged to a MMJO recipient.  I believe that you can eliminate this having belonged to Ritter von Thoma or Ritter von Weber.

Congratulations regarding having this nice "soft-style" sew-on field ribbon bar for your collection!

Best regards,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...