News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Franco Prussian war veterans with wwi awards

The title is pretty much self explanatory! 

While doing some research, I had come across this gem, and then had to ask the question posted above. Any examples anyone has would be greatly appreciated to quench my thirst for knowledge. Thanks All

F5C473B5-5E1B-4BA4-9C3D-512054AD6D60.jpeg

What an awesome bar.  He must've been a really old man by then!  At least 62 (unless he entered illegally at a younger age) at the onset of WW1!  What is that second medal?

45 minutes ago, Paul R said:

What an awesome bar.  He must've been a really old man by then!  At least 62 (unless he entered illegally at a younger age) at the onset of WW1!  What is that second medal?

It’s the 1902 Oldenburg Kreigervereins-Verdienstkreuz. It was awarded to commemorate the battle of Vionville-Mars-La-Tour. It was an Oldenburg State veterans award rather than the numerous unofficial verdienstkreuz’s.

2A0F0C00-7FDC-4FC6-A9B2-682D80D7BBBA.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...