Please,identify this badge.Exemplary  Border Guard?

m.jpg

Posted (edited)

Badge for excellent military service (army)

Kiváló Karhatalmi Szolgálatért = For Excellent Army Service (google translate as my hungarian is pretty crappy)

Edited by OvBacon

nickstrenk,

Nice looking cased badges.  Thanks for posting them.

Regards,

Gordon

Posted (edited)

I am glad you like it.Is it possible to prompt the price?Some more pictures.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by nickstrenk

Posted (edited)

"Karhatalmi" does not really mean "army".  It is the adjective form of Karhatalom which became a hated term in communist Hungary.  The Karhatalom consisted of all armed govenment units which were under the direct control of the communist regime. Their task was to maintain internal control, supress uprisings, hunt down undesirables, etc.  Karhatalom units consisted of the People's National Police, the State Secret Police, the People's Security Police, the State Border Guards, and the Workers' Guard Corps.  The Karhatalom units were NOT under the control of the Ministry of Defense and were completely separate from the People's Army.  Just think of the Karhatalom units as the SS of communist Hungary.  Simi.    

Edited by Simius Rex
spelling error

Posted (edited)

I just realized something...  I've accurately identified 2 items in this subforum belonging to the member named "nickstrenk" including the hungarian badge he posted above, but he never bothered to express even a smidgen of appreciation for my assistance.  I've noticed a fair amount of this kind of behavior from a few members in this forum and I often wonder why some people can't even make the effort to say "Thank you."    I mean seriously, folks... how much energy does it take to type the words "Thank you" (???) Simi.         

Edited by Simius Rex
spelling error

1 hour ago, Simius Rex said:

I just realized something...  I've accurately identified 2 items in this subforum belonging to the member named "nickstrenk" including the hungarian badge he posted above, but he never bothered to express even a smidgen of appreciation for my assistance.  I've noticed a fair amount of this kind of behavior from a few members in this forum and I often wonder why some people can't even make the effort to say "Thank you."    I mean seriously, folks... how much energy does it take to type the words "Thank you" (???) Simi.         

I've noticed that there are a few members that seem to ask for info on a medal/award without real appreciation when receiving answers where I'm suspecting that they are looking for more info to increase the sale value 

Hello Readers,

I think Mr. Bacon is on the mark.  👍 

Let's face it... there are some active members here who seek gratuitous information from experts in the forum in order to peddle their chachkies at a considerable markup... PLUS, they tend never to utter a simple "Thanks!"  In my opinion and ethically speaking, they ought to pay a commission to the members who assisted them in making a hefty profit.      

Don't feel bad, Simian!  I think Nickstrenk was simply trying to establish a selling price for his badge and all you did was provide an accurate English translation and some historical insight that the rest of us found quite interesting. Just put Nicky-boy on your Ignore List and don't waste your time with these peddlers any more.  

Best regards and stay healthy!     

I would like to say that I do not accuse any specific person of getting free info to increase their sales because I also understand that someone new might have to figure out the lay of the land.... BUT I do believe that most people would understand that a simple "thank you" goes a long way.

Many thanks to each of you who took the part in topic.The badge was sold for 12euro.

I guess that pretty much shows the point Bacon was making ;)

Though this Guard Border is common,but in the complet is nice.That is my point of view.I did not want to look for the topic Guard Border Badges of Hungary,so I added the photos here.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Always nice to get a cased set.  Thanks for posting the pictures.

Regards,

Gordon