News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Estimate and ID?

A good friend of mine who dabbled in collecting is leaving the hobby after being burned twice in a month by crooked sellers... that is just the kind of behavior we need to keep this hobby going! 1f641.png? ... he has asked me to see what he can get for the following, unfortunately out of my collecting scope so i cannot give him a good estimate... any help welcome... All were originally from one house, so probably father and son. Both EK39 different makers but no stamps, ek14 is stamped G, the EK2 mounted on an EK1 document was done by the family and was originally in a frame, no idea why the Wrong ribbon is on it, probably for postwar display, Really nice EK1 box, but no EK1 inside.ju1.thumb.jpg.6c4bc838e4b7ec8bd49b293403444fbf.jpgju2.thumb.jpg.c69aeaf7910d7c709c6ae558f419d0ad.jpgju3.thumb.jpg.a9e3133a9fcfbbdaddc2700aeeb7135c.jpg

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately, I am not up-to-date regarding the valuation of 1939-1945 pieces, but I had to comment on how awful it is that your friend was defrauded by criminals (unscrupulous sellers).  Sadly, there are many stories such as this.  Greed, fraud, deceit, theft, all come into play when dealing with criminals.  And,  some of these bad folks seem especially attracted to the militaria collecting business.  I hate to see this happen to a collector!

Best regards,

The iron cross with the german (post war ribbon) is a Souval - $100 - 120.  The other iron cross if it is a Zimmerman and goes with the envelope $175 -200.  The iron cross case - $200.  The iron cross document is $150 - 200.  These are my best guess estimates.  Jim

5 hours ago, Jim R said:

The iron cross with the german (post war ribbon) is a Souval - $100 - 120.  The other iron cross if it is a Zimmerman and goes with the envelope $175 -200.  The iron cross case - $200.  The iron cross document is $150 - 200.  These are my best guess estimates.  Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks, quite a bit more than I expected! Prices have changed since I collected WW2!