News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tassel Identification assistance

Hello,  I am new to this Forum and am writing from the USA.  I own a 150 year old theatrical costumer and we have a large stock of vintage clothing and uniforms ... we recently discovered these Silver, red, and black tassels ... and have no real means of identification.  The tassels are approximately 21" from top of tape to bottom of tassel ... tassel alone is 11 1/2".   I'm not sure if they are American or not.   I'm posting images here, with the hope that someone will recognize them and help me to categorize them !!  

Thanks in advance,

Rick

100_4779.JPG

100_4780.JPG

100_4781.JPG

Thanks so much!  I sort of guessed I was barking up the wrong tree. I  have three sets of these tassels with no belts! We have had them for well over 60 years.  I really appreciate your help. Rick

Again thanks so much. Unfortunately, like so many others, my business (opera costumes) has been shut down by the pandemic.So I am going through all my old stock and trying to realize some capital. I seem to have a number of late 19th century  uniforms which I am trying to get a handle on in order to sell them. Unfortunately,all the civil war stock was sold back in the 1960's by the previous owner !  My father , who bought the business in 1972, and has work here since 1950 , always refused to sell any of the old stock. I am not really a uniform guy, but I have been around them my whole life. I am starting to put some things on ebay , but I really need to know what I am doing. Luckily, I have met some wonderful collectors , like you, on line, who have helped me identify things in order to sell them. I appreciate your help any advice .

Rick