News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Pilots Wings_should I clean them?

Jersey Bouy

I just acquired these wings along with 2 other WW 2 era items from the same family.

I was wondering if they are WW 2 era also?

And should I clean them or leave the "patina" (read crud).

What color should they be?

The crown looks like it is a separate piece but is secure.

Thank you in advance

IMG_20200519_173616.jpg

IMG_20200519_173634.jpg

IMG_20200519_173555.jpg

I have to agree with my fellow collectors above... the wings look great the way they are and show character and life. When a medal or badge is in mint condition it tends to lack a feel of history (of course there are many examples where new looking/mint condition is very valuable and beautiful).  

Hello ,the badge is called the Rokiski , or Roquisqui  for the name of a certain Mr Rokiski ,of Polish ancestry who in 1939 redesigned the Aviatiors badge first designed in 1919 . The badge was designed by Infante Don Alfonso de Orleans ,his wife and two officers of the Spanish Aviation Captains Kindelan and Herrera . the inspiration is Egyptian .the red sun and the wings of a Ibis . from 1919 to 1931 it carried over the Royal Crown ,from 1931 to 1936 a mural crown , then a red star for the Republicans and for the Nationalists a ST john eagle . In 1939 again Crown but open topped , this lasted until 1975 . from 1975 to today is used again in his 1919 model