Sign in to follow this  
bigjarofwasps

Republic of Chad PANDEMIC COVID-19 5000 Franc Coins

Not entirely sure why the Republic of Chad, 5000 Franc coins have been used. But the designs are stunning, it will be interesting to see, what the demand for these coins is like with collectors.

034562BC-2F96-483A-A26D-1B188D4F76BD.jpeg

3DB89B91-2AC8-4C7C-A5A3-48D3588FFF08.jpeg

C7D3907E-A59C-4A34-939E-132A9E500787.jpeg

8D799C7A-3E5F-4CC6-96BA-B7F7F4D69735.jpeg

Are you sure those are real designs? Why would they have them in English instead of French?

14 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Are you sure those are real designs? Why would they have them in English instead of French?

There being produced by an American company.

https://firstcoincompany.com

Also I believe this coins are in fact minted in the US on behalf of Chad, along the same lines as the Congolese  gorillas and Somalian elephants. 

I wonder if they will ever make it to Tchad? I am thinking this company may have bought the rights to make an "official currency" ... but for collectors...

12 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

I wonder if they will ever make it to Tchad? I am thinking this company may have bought the rights to make an "official currency" ... but for collectors...

To be honest, because these coins are not minted in the country of origin, they are not something that I'd consider collecting.

Although the designs added by First Coin Company, in my opinion are very striking. 

There is very little information about this coin on the internet and as you say I suspect that there would be very little demand for them in Chad?