Posted (edited)

Gents 

I am updating the old Central Powers 2 book an am seeking high-resolutions of this Austro-Hungarian Naval Sea Plane Pilot's Badge with the exact pin-style. 

Please contact me direct 

Panda 

a6jock@yahoo.con 

CP_V2.jpg

navpil.jpg

Edited by A6jock

Posted (edited)

All of these KuK and Hungarian flight badges have been faked so heavily and for such a long period of time that it's anybody's guess how the collector's market for them will recover.  Collectors have been avoiding buying items with too much controversy and these various Flight Badges are notorious for extremely well made fakes circulating throughout the collecting community. Simi.       

Edited by Simius Rex
spelling error

Agreed.   The books are a first step and place a high-priority on fakes.    Known fakes are sold everyday on the Ebays for high prices, but people won't invest in books.... 

Allies_1.jpg

Allies_2.jpg

CHEKA_Ad.jpg

CP_V1.jpg

CP_V2.jpg

Superb book... I’ve enjoys all your books. 

I don't have any of these books myself, but they certainly look very comprehensive and well researched.  If they go into detail about how to distinguish original badges from fake badges, they are definitely a "must-have" for any serious collector.  Now the problem is overcoming the controversial impression (for lack of a better term) that many would-be collectors have formed about these badges.  The collectors' market is just plain "spooked" and when that happens to any category of collectible, it has a negative impact on market prices. Simi.