Here are two stamped Prussian Pilot badges from two different manufacturers.  I like each of them individually and as a pair for their similarities/differences.  These badges are not found in a text book, but I think they are text-book examples.  I've had these badges for a long time and their provenance extends beyond that.  

The badge on the left is a high quality stamp with the square maker mark on on a finely honed pin.  The relief on the front is further highlighted by the silver(alloy?) coating.  The reverse relief is nearly as good.

The badge on the right came off an Allied souvenir belt from near the end of the war.  Presumably this is a late-war made badge and was awarded to a newly minted pilot.  No maker mark and the pin is a shorter length and simpler. The finish has not aged as well the badge on the left. 

cliche pilot badges 022.jpg

cliche pilot badges 088.jpg

(

cliche pilot badges 011.jpg

cliche pilot badges 1212.jpg

cliche pilot badges 077.jpg

cliche pilot badges 066.jpg

Both look good to me, I think the one on the right is an award piece. Is it magnetic?

5 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

Both look good to me, I think the one on the right is an award piece. Is it magnetic?

It is very magnetic.  The left one is not.

That makes sense, these late Juncker iron issues also have fairly typical reverse hardware. Nice pieces.

Hi Vince, pretty sure that’s not a Juncker badge on the right . To my knowledge they never struck a pilot badge in iron/ steel.

Ferg.

Hey Vince , hope that didn’t sound rude ! 🤭

Ferg

Ferg, is your collection shared here somewhere or in WAF? Would love to scroll through your badges. 

To quote Jarvis Cocker , ‘ I’ll see what I can do ‘ .

Ferg

There’s quite a lot of it so look at the pics and give me a heads up on what you’d like to see in more detail ! 
Ferg

7EDF5452-CE88-4161-BAA4-8CDCAD35B735.jpeg

More.

BCEAE13F-2DAF-40B9-A604-3E96986EFB5B.jpeg

And more .

6F4BC289-EF54-48E7-AC89-6F5CA67A89EC.jpeg

Some more 

33D251E2-F370-44FF-9826-8526F8504A76.jpeg

Let me know when you’ve had enough !

CAE3D874-5735-4B2D-8200-E5D114F00971.jpeg

Gunners

5AE6CA47-B0B6-4679-9587-E2F1E680D879.jpeg

5B8B8BDC-CB7A-41B2-B27B-536467E6430C.jpeg

8AF416AD-09A0-4B7D-9D7B-E698DD05B0C3.jpeg

Mess room trophy or presentation piece of the No.1 luftschiffer battalion 1902 . The only one at the time ! And in background ,presentation plaque to the 100 flight of the L30 ,first of the super zeppelins 1917.

85730051-A23C-473F-AD71-805D3B2537A9.jpeg

A little corner to the Baron ! 

785BEA18-8297-4287-BED4-5A3C3BF502C4.jpeg

Meh, I've seen better collections.....just kidding. I never get tired of seeing your stuff Ferg.

Ferg,

Well presented. Outstanding👍.

Wow!! Thanks. I just recalled a couple of pictures when you had them vertically in small wooden shelves, but the green backing and horizontal display looks amazing. The bavarian gunner is really a killer. And all those observers... what an incredible array of airmen you have there. Thanks again. It is never enough.