Hi everybody

I have a pair on officer shoulder board from Jäger Bataillon 13. The number is unique in the German Army (as you can see on the photos). A friend give me the authorization to publish his pair of Epaulette from JB 13.

I'm interesting to know when this particularity was adopted. I can't find this information. Thanks for your help.

Don't hesitate to show yours

Christophe

20150804_194829_6.jpg

IMG-20200418-WA0017 (2).jpg

On 01/06/2020 at 19:17, Deruelle said:

Hi everybody

I have a pair on officer shoulder board from Jäger Bataillon 13. The number is unique in the German Army (as you can see on the photos). A friend give me the authorization to publish his pair of Epaulette from JB 13.

I'm interesting to know when this particularity was adopted. I can't find this information. Thanks for your help.

Don't hesitate to show yours

Christophe

20150804_194829_6.jpg

IMG-20200418-WA0017 (2).jpg

Take a look into German Daggers Forum .Imperial collar patches and SBs section . and will be able to observe the variety of types of numbers and monograms 

Hi Bayern,

Thanks a lot. I know that website. As you can see, there is no other "3" like the one I show in this list. this is quite unique in the German Army.

I would like to know when it was adopted and find the text.

It's not easy at all

Christophe

There are not perpetual misteries , the type of number remembers me to something yet seen , Austrian not , certainly not French . I will made a bit more of research 

I dig in German sources but nothing till now. May be this mystery will stay mystery

Posted (edited)

At least one purveyor by the name of Carl Juengermann of Luedenscheid supplied both the flat-top and the round-top number 3 for shoulder board devices.  The flat-top number 3 was created so people would not mistake the round-top number 3 on a shoulder board for a number 8...  especially from a distance.  The flat-top number 3 was also used in record keeping and for documents so people wouldn't be able to change a number 3 into a number 8 fraudulently.  In spite of that, it seems that the round-top number 3 was more popular than the flat-top number 3 for shoulder boards in Germany. Simi.  

Firma Jüngermann Musterblatt.jpg

Edited by Simius Rex
spelling error