News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HELP! North Vietnam Flag

joaobr

Relying on 60 year old memories, but I seem to remember that this is the Viet Cong flag.  Quyet Thang means "Determined to Win". 

I'm guessing the 1968 might commemorate the Tet offensive.

Best,

Hugh

I don't know anything about VC flags.  But, I do know that Vietnam is becoming increasingly popular as a tourist destination, including among veterans of that conflict.  I also know that it is one of the world's leading producers of cotton clothing.  And, apparently, war souvenirs.  Caveat Emptor!

3 hours ago, peter monahan said:

I don't know anything about VC flags.  But, I do know that Vietnam is becoming increasingly popular as a tourist destination, including among veterans of that conflict.  I also know that it is one of the world's leading producers of cotton clothing.  And, apparently, war souvenirs.  Caveat Emptor!

Agree. Among other things, embroidery art is a major industry in Vietnam with factories of orphan girls pumping out quite exquisite work. A flag like this would be quite easy for them to produce. I don't know if it's legit or not. But, I used to live in Hanoi and there's tons of this stuff in the Old Quarter and near the railways station in the stalls on Le Duan Street. Some of it is genuine. But, a lot of it has been produced for war souvenir hunters. I guess it depends at least in part on provenance.

Edited by bolewts58