Sign in to follow this  
Edward L. Hsiao

Karl-Heinz Moehle, Knight's Cross

I need a post World War II picture of Karl-Heinz Moehle that was taken in the 1950's or the 1960's. He was the first U-boat commander of U-123. Little of post WWII life of Moehle was not available. But I want to know if Moehle joined the Bundesmarine in the late 1950's. Thank you.

Edward L. Hsiao

Posted (edited)

Hej!

Jag fick information från en vän om att MR Moehle inte bara gick med i Bundesmarine på 50-talet. Han blev också chef för NATO comnav baltap maj 1965. Hoppas att detta kan hjälpa dig att ta reda på mer om honom. 

Edited by Jens Z
change langeuage

His name after 1949 was, Karl-Heinz Moehle von Hoffmannswaldau.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for this  good reply. I learn something new. Do you have a picture of Karl-Heinz Moehle von Hoffmannswaldau  in Bundesmarine uniform please?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

I forgot to ask what was Karl-Heinz Moehle von Hoffmannswaldau highest rank in the Bundesmarine before he retired from it?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward,

I'm not sure that Jens Z is talking about the same person as you are.  Karl-Heinz Moehle does not appear in Franz Kurowski's book "Verleugnete Vaterschat - Wehrmachtoffiziere schufen die Bundeswehr".  This book contains a list of all Knights Cross holders that joined the Bundeswehr.

Regards,

Gordon

To whom this may concern.

The one Moehle I refere to is the only one my family has knowledge about. Born Norden 31 Juli 1910. Dead 17.11.1996 in Ahrensburg outside Hamburg. The Nurnberg-trails gave him 5 years in prison, for passing the Laconia order,  but realised by end 1949. Think it was onboard the U-22 he met my kusins father, but not sure about the submarine number. He took his wifes family name in the town of Kiel, end of 1949. I am very sorry if I mixed two different Karl-Heinz together, but I am never 100% sure about anything. Just fell to give Edward a hand closer to a picture of ............

Jen Z, I think the Karl-Heinz Moehle that you mention about was correct. He was commander of U-22 and U-123 during WWII. Moehle was in the Bundesmarine after WWII. The same Karl-Heinz Moehle! Hopefully a postwar of Karl-Heinz Moehle.

Edward L. Hsiao

An after World War II picture of a clean shaven face man named Karl-Heinz Moehle is needed to forgot my troubles.I hope the picture will come soon.

Edward L. Hsiao

Jen Z or Anyone,

I hope you got a picture of Karl-Heinz Moehle in after World War II times in the 1950's and 1960's. 

Edward L. Hsiao