News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK1 Evaluation

A nice piece, to my understanding this one is not one which is awarded to the fighting soldiers. I would estimate that the recipeint bought this, to have a nice looking one. But when he did, I can't tell, maybe even after the war. Does this mean it is not an original? I wouldn't say so, if a reciepient was awarded with an iron cross 1st cass and bought one from an official supplier or order manufacterer, for me it counts as an original. 

As said I would bet, that this is not a piece which is awarded by the state, but bought by a soldier who can afford such a piece.

I am looking forward to reading other opinions. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to say so, but this is far from what an authentic Meybauer cross looks like. The core design is unlike theirs, and has never been used on Meybauer crosses. This is a complete, and rather recent fake, as usually seen on ebay! The authentic ones come in several different variations, but that's usually about the silver purity of the single parts. The core design, similar to the classical Godets, is always consistent. Here's a cross I sold some years ago, in 2016 - for comparison purposes:

R01651 - 02772 b2.jpeg

R01651 - 02772 c2.jpeg

Edited by saschaw

• 3 weeks later...

Hi no I didn't, it looked interesting but even though I've studied ek's for years, I'm begining to get cold feet now about buying virtually anything particularly with the seriously original looking fakes which are appearing unfortunately, hence the original request, at most it will sit on my database as an item to be wary of, thanks for the update 

Regards