News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Franz Joseph Commemorative Cross

Riley1965

Jubil?umskreuz f?r Zivil-Staatsbedienstete 1908

This version of the 60th jubilee cross was founded by Emperor Franz Joseph on 14 August 1908 in preparation for his approaching 60th anniversary of reign. It was awarded on solid red ribbon to civil servants.

Doc

Edited by Riley1965

Guest Rick Research

Yup but that's the ribbon of 1933's WW1 Commemorative Medals. (see post below, image changed)

The 1908 came on three different ribbons: military, civil service, and Court.

Here's the other commemorative that came with the cross.

Bronzene Jubil?ums-Erinnerungsmedaille (f?r die bewaffnete Macht)

The medal was instituted by Emperor Franz Joseph on 18 August 1898 on the occasion of his approaching 50th anniversary of his reign. It was awarded on this solid red ribbon to all members of the armed forces and Gendarmes who served under his reign from 2 December 1848 until 2 December 1898. The die was cut by the junior J. Tautenhayn.

Doc

Edited by Riley1965

I was able to correct the ribbon problem. Fortunately I had an extra 1898 commemorative. I put the red ribbon on the 1908 cross to make it for a civil servant. Thanks Rick!!! I edited the original Commemorative Cross post to now show it with the correct ribbon.

Doc

Edited by Riley1965

Guest Darrell

Darrell,

Which class is your Commemorative Cross? I just received the white ribbon with a red stripe near each edge just like yours.

Doc

Doc .. I have NO idea :unsure: I know nothing of these Austrian medals. All I know is I had one like yours :blush: I'm sureone of the Ricks or the other guys can help out .... I'd like to know as well ;)

Actually, The ribbon is for the military version not the court servant. These are the details:

Milit?rjubil?umskreuz 1908

This cross was founded by Emperor Franz Joseph on 10 August 1908 in preparation for his approaching 60th anniversary of reign. It was awarded on this white ribbon with red stripes to all active armed forces members, and those who formerly served under his reign.

Guest Darrell

Actually, The ribbon is for the military version not the court servant. These are the details:

Milit?rjubil?umskreuz 1908

This cross was founded by Emperor Franz Joseph on 10 August 1908 in preparation for his approaching 60th anniversary of reign. It was awarded on this white ribbon with red stripes to all active armed forces members, and those who formerly served under his reign.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

Jubil?umskreuz f?r Zivil-Staatsbedienstete 1908

This version of the 60th jubilee cross was founded by Emperor Franz Joseph on 14 August 1908 in preparation for his approaching 60th anniversary of reign. It was awarded on solid red ribbon to civil servants.

Doc

Hi Doc,

Beautiful piece! :beer: You've tempted me now to share my cased example ahead of time. Was going to post my Austrian awards tomorrow.

[attachmentid=43902]

[attachmentid=43903]

[attachmentid=43904]

[attachmentid=43905]

[attachmentid=43906]

I love :love::love: the rounded cases they had. And think I lucked out with the mini! Least I hope so. :P

Dan :cheers:

Dan,

That is a set anyone would want to have in their collection. VERY NICE!!!

Best,

Doc

Hi Doc,

Many thanks! :beer: I've had it for ages. Fell in love with that beautiful case the moment I saw it. And all together it's just a joy. I only wish I could get a cased Order of Franz Joseph and one of the Red Cross decorations, also cased. I think those of two of the most beautiful Austrian Orders, especially the FJ.

Dan :cheers:

• 2 years later...
    • 5 weeks later...
    • 5 years later...