The idea for a badge for the veterans of the Deutsche Bundeswehr was born in 2013 but not brought to life before on 26.th of November 2018 the definition veteran and who could get this badge was published. 

Any veteran who served in the Deutsche Bundeswehr could apply for this badge and then would get a letter with the badge after some time. I like the design, but to my likings it could have been bigger, I think the prince size of an iron cross would have been wonderfull. But here it is, mine arrived today.

vet 03.png

vet 02.png

vet 01.png

Edited by BlackcowboyBS
  • 1 month later...

Hello BlackcowboyBS,

who was the supplier of the set? Is it marked on the backside, or on the box?

How can the badge be attached? Can you provide an image from the backside?

Thanks

On 22/07/2020 at 14:02, BlackcowboyBS said:

The idea for a badge for the veterans of the Deutsche Bundeswehr was born in 2013 but not brought to life before on 26.th of November 2018 the definition veteran and who could get this badge was published. 

Any veteran who served in the Deutsche Bundeswehr could apply for this badge and then would get a letter with the badge after some time. I like the design, but to my likings it could have been bigger, I think the prince size of an iron cross would have been wonderfull. But here it is, mine arrived today.

vet 03.png

vet 02.png

vet 01.png

Congratulations on finally receiving your Veterans Badge. Hope you wear it with pride.

5 hours ago, Elvis said:

Hello BlackcowboyBS,

who was the supplier of the set? Is it marked on the backside, or on the box?

How can the badge be attached? Can you provide an image from the backside?

Thanks

Hallo Elvis, 

Hope you don't mind me contributing to your request for the above. From the examples I have seen, I haven't noticed any makers marks on either the Badge or the Box. My guess is that 'Das Veteranenabzeichen der Bundeswehr' is made by Steinhauer & Lück. 

There are plenty commercially available on 'ebay.de'  but the prices are embarrassingly high considering they probably cost pennies to make (as with the British equivalent). 

Further info about the Badge here:

https://www.bundeswehr.de/de/ueber-die-bundeswehr/die-reserve-der-bundeswehr/reservist-werden-in-der-bundeswehr-/reservist-im-bereich-personal/wer-deutschland-dient-hat-anerkennung-verdient-170356

& here:

https://www.wikiwand.com/de/Veteranenabzeichen

063-Pin-Bw-Veteranenabzeichen-Rueckseite.jpg

70852446_2360526837596970_1265429104933470208_o (2).jpg

Edited by ÖSTA
Info added..