Posted (edited)

I just posted a picture of this ribbon bar to a thread called "Show Your Reuss Stuff" but I also wanted to ask for help from the experts to possibly identify the individual awards represented on this bar.  Honestly, I am a little confused about the swords on the peacetime Reuss ribbon.  I would also like to ask if somebody could "Profile" the original owner based on an interpretation of the award-combination.  Thank you very much for any help.  Simi.   

Feldspange Reusss 6er.jpg

Edited by Simius Rex

Hello Simi

I remember this ribbon bar. First time I saw it, I say to myself I will buy it . But this  is not the sword on the peacetime ribbon which stop me. First, I don't like the hook on the back, this is not as the usual seeing on the area ribbon bar. Second, I don't like to see four peacetime ribbon. Even if I know this ribbon will be for the Reuß DA, but for NCO. Probably a NCO who received DA, peacetime medal without X of Reuß. Then he received the RE4, following by the RE4Kr. Probably he was commissioned before the war and after that he received quickly during the first months of the war the RE3X (which explain the swords on the RE3 ribbon. But why the next ribbon is the wartime ribbon with X. I had too much red flags. I dedided not to buy it.

Here is one ribbon bar with peacetime ribbon for RE3Kr . The owner is Franz Blohm.

Christophe

Franz Blohm 1.jpg

Franz Blohm 6.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hi Christophe.  Thank you very much for your response!  What a beautiful ribbon bar! I am happy to hear your opinions because I know you are an expert in the area of Reuss and Saxony.  What you said makes perfect sense about award No. 3 repesenting the Honor Cross 3rd Class with Swords.  These crosses were, in fact, awarded on a violet ribbon! 

Regarding award No. 2 having swords on a wartime ribbon, I just assumed that it represented the Ehrenkreuz 3rd Class with Crown and Swords.  Do you think that is possible?  

So if I understand you correctly, here is what you are saying about the awards:

1. Iron Cross 2nd Class

2. Reuss ??? with Swords

3. Reuss Honor Cross 3rd Class with Swords

4. Reuss Honor Cross 4th Class with Crown

5. Reuss Merit Medal or Reuss Honor Medal for Loyalty & Merit 

6. Reuss Long Service Award

Thanks again !!

Simi 

Reuss Ehrenkreuz 3.Kl.m.X.jpg

Edited by Simius Rex