News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon Bar Wiederholungsspange. Original or fake?

greetings to all,
    the other day I tried to put all my pins together, and between them I saw this mmm, and I would like to know if it is original or is a copy.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Wiederholungsspange 10003.jpg

Does anyone really have an opinion on this Wiederholungsspange?
    I am not afraid of the truth, I prefer to know that it is bad, if it really is a copy, than having it in the dubious drawer.
    After more than 40 years collecting, I have seen many copies among my belongings. and it's always good to know what you really have.
    This piece has been with me for many years and recently I have seen it again for sale as original in a well-known store in America.
    And if I have doubts it is because throughout these years I have also learned that the ugly is not always false.

Thanks again for your attention

Hi.

Could you show the entire bar back and front?

This device does not scare me by the way although it is a bit crude and rarely seen - I've only seen one other example in the past years. Patina and wear look o.k. to me. For me ribbon bars are as much about variation as they are about following regulation.

Best,

Peter

Thank you very much to everyone for your help.
    I did not put the complete bar, because it would not help in any way to resolve the authenticity of the Wiederholungsspange, since this bar was assembled more than twenty years ago to complete a uniform that I had then.
    I was young and unconscious, and did not know the awfulness that it was to destroy bars to rebuild another. I wouldn't think of doing it today.
    Anyway, I show the result of my madness and the uniform I had it on for many years.

img534 b.jpg

img531 b.jpg

img360 b.jpg

In the recreation almost everything is original, The uniform itself is original, the eagle of course and is one of the best I have ever had. the general's shoulder pads are authentic and I have doubts about the marshal's canes. The neck patches were sold to me as originals (and I have always had doubts. - I will only believe that they are original if I see the photo in use and are identical to those that appear in the photo). Of the decorations, only the Pour le Merite is a copy of Cejalvo, the rest is original.
    The pin is assembled with original ribbons and I think that only the crowns of the 2 and 5 medal are copies, which I got later. (and I was never sure of the Wiederholungsspange)

On 30/07/2020 at 05:56, 03fahnen said:

The pin is assembled with original ribbons and I think that only the crowns of the 2 and 5 medal are copies, which I got later.

Hi. The wreaths on ribbons 2 and 5 look original to me. Some of my bars also have these. They can be found in plain and in enameled condition.

Nice uniform set up by the way, must have taken a lot of time and work to assemble ??

Best, Peter

Edited by drspeck

Today, rebuilding with good quality copies is easy.
    But in his day when we didn't have the internet, and there were only a couple of merchants in Spain, we had no choice, and that was the only way to reproduce a marshal's uniform. Before it was impossible to identify the owner of any piece. simply or there was a way to access the information we have today.
    The connection that the internet allows with other collectors has made us change the way we view our collections. Today we value much more the pieces that have not been retouched.
    So when my avatar came home I had to get rid of many things, including the marshal's uniform, clearly indicating that it had been assembled by me (in fact the last time I saw it was at Hermann Historica, who sold it as a theater reproduction) and I kept the uniform of General Max Dennerlain, from which I think everything comes from origin.
    Today one of more passions is the ribbon bars, and of course I prefer a simple bar of soldier without modifying that one of comeback general. over time, like fruit, we all mature.
    Enviar comentarios
    Historial
    Guardadas
    Comunidad

• 2 years later...
    On 24/07/2020 at 23:41, 03fahnen said:

greetings to all,
    the other day I tried to put all my pins together, and between them I saw this mmm, and I would like to know if it is original or is a copy.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Wiederholungsspange 10003.jpg

A very old thread, but there was no real reply on this question.

Although not regulated, the mini's are copies of the larger clasps.

Attached is a picture of a 9mm Boerger first pattern ek2 clasp.

IMG_8659.jpeg