News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military history of Samuel Herbert Hall-Thompson

I have been asked to assist a granddaughter in finding out more about the military history of Samuel Herbert Hall-Thompson.    Key words in her recollections are Royal Artillery, Belfast and World War I.    The two photographs below should also be revealing.    I would be most grateful, as would the granddaughter, for any information about the man and his military service.

Photos.docx

Brett

The photos failed to load, so I will try again later.   My apologies.

Edited by Brett Hendey

• 4 months later...

casack

Your post was a most welcome early Christmas surprise!   Many thanks.   More information about the man came to light, but the MIC is new and I am sure that his granddaughter will be pleased to see it.

Regards

Brett

Hello, In the first photo the man helds the rank of lieutenant colonel and the badge on his cap is that of the Royal Artillery. also the lapel ones. but the second photo shows a captain in what appears to be the uniform of the 10th Ghurka rifles, the cap badge on the cap band of the boss type says so