News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Have had this in lying around for years but no idea what it is. Hoping someone knows. It is marked 800. I am guessing it is German Imperial or Wiemar era and might be related to a '50th Regiment'?? -50 years service seemed to me to be a little optimistic..  Cheers. David Capture2.thumb.PNG.3661e352bff7172cf77881f4ad13e2af.PNG

Hey Aardvarkblue,

I have never seen that before, but I am pretty sure, that this is no official medal from any German state. If it is from some regiment or so, it is for sure not from the imperial era, due to any missing crown. Might be helpfull if you could tell us more on the ribbon, it seems to be black, but is it pure black?

• 2 weeks later...

Your "50 years service" guess wasn't too bad! However, it is, as BlackcowboyBS already pointed out, no official award of any of the German states. Such generic crosses were used as commemoratives of a 50 year membership in a club or association - be it veterans, marksmen, or anything else. They could be bought from the big badges and insignia makers, from all the Imperial, Weimar, "Third Reich" and even Bundesrepublik era. This one, however, looks rather old and may well date back to Imperial times. It's far from a fortune, but maybe this information is of some help anyway.