News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Man, it gets on my goat....

I do not like people cutting and pasting my pics, but such is life, for ones I want to use myself I put a watermark.... but I realize posting them in postage stamp size helps no one...

For a number of years I have been getting more and more frustrated with a German seller.... he scans on a flatbed, does not crop out all the back, and the pics are so small you cannot see any detail.... over the years I have DOZENS of times seen pics where I was pretty sure I would take them, depending on a few details, and clicked on them only to see they are way too small to see if the soldiers are bavarian, if you can read a shoulder strap etc...

I thought it was because he was worried about folks stealing his images... but then once I mailed him and asked him for better scans as I was sure 2 pics would be for me, he replied he could not be bothered with pics in that price range... they were 30-40EUR a piece....

So starting this week  I just wanted to share my frustration about a dude who would have moved at least 20-25 of relatively expensive pics that he has had in over and over and over again.... may weevils eat his bazoonkas!

What irritates you about imperial ebay sellers?

I always have a question, how do you think that is your picture? (on the Internet)
    For example, if a seller sells his photos on eBay, many people will see them and save them. Then you buy this photo, do you not allow others to use this photo?:o

10 minutes ago, 1812 Overture said:

I always have a question, how do you think that is your picture? (on the Internet)
    For example, if a seller sells his photos on eBay, many people will see them and save them. Then you buy this photo, do you not allow others to use this photo?:o

I think it is common courtesy to use such pics for personal reference only, and not post them as if they were your own - in the end, another fellow collector has paid for them. often handsomely. I know the perspective on this may differ from culture to culture, and I also realize copyright in pics posted on e-bay vests in the seller, not in the buyer. But I think it is a matter of etiquette not to post what you don't own when it comes to pics bought by others. 

With pics posted on open source references, the etiquette in my view is slightly different - those you can re-post as long as you credit the owner. Of course, legal requirements may be stricter than that. 

On 03/08/2020 at 16:16, Chris Boonzaier said:

What irritates you about imperial ebay sellers?

The crap they offer as real? Good deals can still be had on e-bay, but they are now few and far between.