Help to ID unknown cavalry sword

Hello,

Would you please help me to ID this cavalry sword. 

My initial thought was this is Spanish or Dutch piece but my search has not returned any hits.

Many thanks

WEB_20200826_130053.jpg

WEB_20200826_130106.jpg

WEB_20200826_130405.jpg

WEB_20200826_130158.jpg

That is an interesting sword indeed!  A bowl hilt modelled on the British 1908 pattern - allegedly 'the perfect cavalry sword' - but a very slender curved blade.  I want to say 'South American, 20th century' but I'm not sure why except 'the look'.  I suspect that the 'F E' on the blade is an important clue: 'Fuerza...?' perhaps.

I take it there is no scabbard?

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen , South American sword ? I not believe, Argentine , Chile , Brazil ,Bolivia ,Peru , Colombia, Equator and Venezuela and Uruguay ,used French or German types of swords and sabres . Your sword is much alike to the Spanish sword sabre ,sic Puerto Seguro .in use since 1903 . with variants . or perhaps is a Canadian variant of the British 1908 . It looks as a very well made piece of good materials . 

Thanks fpor the comments, Bayern.  'South America' was a guess, and apparently a bad one. :(  Not Canadian, though.  Our boys were issued the standard 1908 pattern and only in quite limited numbers and I am 90% certrain that no 'variant' was issued.  

The Spanish 1907 cavalry appears to be straiught bladed, but the 1895 model looks quite similar, including the rather odd 'dip' in the hand grip.  Picture below., from this site: http://www.swordforum.com/vb4/showthread.php?114827-FS-Spanish-1895-pattern-cavalry-trooper-s-sword

1.jpg

Peter , do you know these Artillerymen method used to fire . one shot short the other long ,then you divided the diference between and the third shot must fall certere . Well ,we need the one who made bullseye

The field is Spain and there options are Fabrica de Armas de Toledo or Fabrica de Trubia .

On 07/09/2020 at 21:18, Bayern said:

Peter , do you know these Artillerymen method used to fire . one shot short the other long ,then you divided the diference between and the third shot must fall certere . Well ,we need the one who made bullseye

The field is Spain and there options are Fabrica de Armas de Toledo or Fabrica de Trubia .

Spot on, Bayern.  'Ranging in', we call it.  

Too early, too late, riught date!  

Be safe.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the discussion and shared opinions, gentlemen, but I specifically searched amongst the Spanish swords models  due to checked wooden hilt and have not allocated any match. 

The two narrow fullers near the spines of the blade must be a significant hint but I have not come across a similar blade before.
I have another interesting sword which I will post separately.