News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR / East German Medical Officer Tunic

I just want to share with you, my medical Major's tunic. Notice that it has the dark green waffenfarbe for the Rear Services.

I have seen medical officer insignia placed through various waffenfarbed boards. This leads me to believe that assigned medical officers assumed the waffenfarbe of the unit they were attached to.

Please do post yours!!!

Regards

Paul

• 2 years later...

Please do post them! :jumping:

Paul, See attached scan. These shoulder boards are always hard to photograph or scan as the hunter green always looks black. I'm not sure the Medical insignia has been applied properly as I've seen some examples with the top rank pip centered above the Cadesus. Kevin

Paul, See attached scan. These shoulder boards are always hard to photograph or scan as the hunter green always looks black. I'm not sure the Medical insignia has been applied properly as I've seen some examples with the top rank pip centered above the Cadesus. Kevin

I think that yours looks very nice!! I have seen both ways.

• 3 months later...

Here are some more! Please post whatever medical insignia or uniforms you may have!

1. Medical Subdued Capt

2. Rear Services(Base waffenfarbe for medical) Feldwebel.

3. Medical Uffz attached to a Pioneer unit.

Thanks Kevin. I too like the Rear Services. Oddly enough, I would think that they would be a bit more plentiful than what they are, as the Rear Services is an amalgamation of various specialities(admin and etc).

Thanks Kevin. I too like the Rear Services. Oddly enough, I would think that they would be a bit more plentiful than what they are, as the Rear Services is an amalgamation of various specialities(admin and etc).

I suspect the Hunter Green color of the boards is close to some Third Reich Wehrmacht branch color and that these have been either sold as originals or as copies.

I suspect the Hunter Green color of the boards is close to some Third Reich Wehrmacht branch color and that these have been either sold as originals or as copies.

The Hunter Green color does not resemble the Panzer Grenadier or Jaeger shades of green. Maybe there were just not many of these guys around. :unsure:

The Hunter Green color does not resemble the Panzer Grenadier or Jaeger shades of green. Maybe there were just not many of these guys around. :unsure:

Paul - I had been told that they are close to the color used by the Gebirgsj?ger. But since I don't collect TR shoulderboards I have no clue if this is true. Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The color is too dark for Jager. It is a dead on ringer for TR AdminMuch darker than Jaeger and Panzer Grenadier)... but the Admin officers during the WW2 time period had two colored layers... the dark green on the bottom and the specialty color in the middle(top layer is the silver russian braid).

• 1 year later...