News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR East German Civil Defence tunics

Despite all of my looking, this is the only Civil Defence tunic I have been able to obtain.

I remember missing one on Ebay that was for an Oberst several years ago. I have been kicking myself every since. It was a beautiful Army Officer's tunic with the cuff title, Officer's Collar Tabs, and boards.

As you will notice, this summer tunic has a cuff title with equal wear to that on the tunic. The EM tab have the purple waffenfarbe. The boards are a bit strange, yet they are purple. The boards I am used to seeing are like the typical army boards, but with a purple waffenfarbe. Maybe this is some auxillary for the civil defense?

Lets see your Civil Defense uniform related items!

• 8 months later...

Despite all of my looking, this is the only Civil Defence tunic I have been able to obtain.

I remember missing one on Ebay that was for an Oberst several years ago. I have been kicking myself every since. It was a beautiful Army Officer's tunic with the cuff title, Officer's Collar Tabs, and boards.

As you will notice, this summer tunic has a cuff title with equal wear to that on the tunic. The EM tab have the purple waffenfarbe. The boards are a bit strange, yet they are purple. The boards I am used to seeing are like the typical army boards, but with a purple waffenfarbe. Maybe this is some auxillary for the civil defense?

Lets see your Civil Defense uniform related items!

I have never seen a summer uniform with a cuff title. Is the jacket mdi or NVA coded?

I am sure you have seen many Border Guard and Stasi Summer uniforms on ebay. None have cuff titles.

I have never seen a summer uniform with a cuff title. Is the jacket mdi or NVA coded?

I am sure you have seen many Border Guard and Stasi Summer uniforms on ebay. None have cuff titles.

Hi Kirk! It is a great to see you here! The tunic was one of those items that went for a small cost years ago when I was collecting DDR. The wear on the tabs, tunic, and CT seem consistant to me... but who knows. You have a lot more contact with this stuff than I. :cheers:

Welcome to the GMIC! I hope to see you around!

Regards

Paul