Leiber Ring ... Final Article....

I have been working and adding to this over the last few years... I think this will be my final effort on the Leiber Ring... unless something totally unknown pops up I think this just about covers every aspect and includes the officers award certificate, officers ring etc. etc...ek1.jpg.e93b0de0af592d61b9a42e712d2b3eb8.jpgek2.jpg.6c21df5895ca2b07ee75e300bb42da03.jpgek3.jpg.c8a39c65c2ed969a2a1aaf9f6de26762.jpgek4.thumb.jpg.af706651cca15fc3b5bf6bf357f160bf.jpgek5.jpg.90e9696b604d546372a233d40f267009.jpg

2 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

I have been working and adding to this over the last few years... I think this will be my final effort on the Leiber Ring... unless something totally unknown pops up I think this just about covers every aspect and includes the officers award certificate, officers ring etc. etc...ek1.jpg.e93b0de0af592d61b9a42e712d2b3eb8.jpgek2.jpg.6c21df5895ca2b07ee75e300bb42da03.jpgek3.jpg.c8a39c65c2ed969a2a1aaf9f6de26762.jpgek4.thumb.jpg.af706651cca15fc3b5bf6bf357f160bf.jpgek5.jpg.90e9696b604d546372a233d40f267009.jpg

That is one truly awesome article Chris. 

• 2 weeks later...

This article fascinated me Chris, I'd never heard of them. I wonder how many have been sold merely as patriotic rings? That would be quite a find.

2 hours ago, Glenn R said:

This article fascinated me Chris, I'd never heard of them. I wonder how many have been sold merely as patriotic rings? That would be quite a find.

Haha... my last one was on ebay... as "ring with a crown".... I thought I was the only one to know what it was... until right at the end of the auction!

I would say 99% of my German collector friends have never heard of it...

thanks for sharing, Cris? Which copy of Iron Cross did you publish that in? 

Cheers, 

Sandro

Edited by GdC26
7 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Haha... my last one was on ebay... as "ring with a crown".... I thought I was the only one to know what it was... until right at the end of the auction!

I would say 99% of my German collector friends have never heard of it...

Dontcha just hate it when that happens on the verge of a bargain?

The prestige of being awarded one must have made them a very desirable award for those eligible.

Hi!

Interesting article!

What is the latest number? #6?

Unfortunately I couldn´t find an index of the so-far published magazines...

On the internet site you can´t order single issues, or have I missed something?

I´ m very interested in the mag with your Leiber-Ring article!

On 05/11/2020 at 03:05, The Prussian said:

Hi!

Interesting article!

What is the latest number? #6?

Unfortunately I couldn´t find an index of the so-far published magazines...

On the internet site you can´t order single issues, or have I missed something?

I´ m very interested in the mag with your Leiber-Ring article!

Hi Andy,

ersteinmal schoene Gruesse in meine Heimatstadt Essen und in mein geliebtes Ruhrgebiet!  But that aside, you can order single issues via our website. But I have just sent you a PM so we can sort this out. 

Best regards

Rob

Historical Editor, ICM

For me one of the great things about revising and expanding this article (it was published elsewhere in a shorter form) was discovering that I had misidentified the recipient of one of the other ranks rings in my collection... I was able to find out some info about the correct man, that he survived being buried alive in Flanders... and that he once captured a 10 man Italian patrol, charging them on his own, his trousers falling down he held them up with one hand while swinging his rifle around his head with the other and yelling bloody murder....

• Blog Comments

• Sounds great other than the Orange & Mango squash only because I prefer cran-pomegranate juice.
    • "(...) disgusting herbal concoction (...)" I took note of this description, to enrich my otherwise limited, English "Wortschatz"...
    • At work the standard indian tea such as PG tips is referred to as chimp tea. This goes back to the days when we had a Spanish girl working for us whose command of the English language was extremely limited. One lunch she said she was going to the shop could she get anything. I asked if she could get a pack of tea bags. She returned with some disgusting herbal concoction. I tried to explain what was required but without success. I then remembered PG tips had a picture of a chimpanzee on the packe
    • When I read Lapsang Souchong i decided to post something about these Tea . Many years ago I dont  know about Lapsang until I read James Michener book Centennial and the description of the savour of the Lapasang as a mix of tar and salt & smoked made me proof . It was exact ! and i liked it since then .
    • I have been known to drink Lapsang Souchong and Tea, Earl Grey, Hot... both "without pollutants". I normally have one mug of coffee in the morning, then spend the rest of the day drinking Orange & Mango squash (by the pint). Then evening comes and it's a pint, followed by red wine with dinner and sometimes a drop of Laphroaig afterwards.