Iron Cross Binder

hucks216

The Iron Cross binder has just arrived and unlike other binders I have seen in the past has an easy to use method to contain the magazines that won't damage the page edges. Still haven't settled where on the shelves to put it though.

20201107_112955.jpg

20201107_113252 (1).jpg

56 minutes ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Did you manage to get all editions? I was late to the game so most were sold out by the time I started looking for them...

Aye, I have been in from the start. Issue 4 failed to arrive originally but the publishers sent me another copy so I am all up to date.

To begin with I was undecided to get the physical version of the magazine or the digital version but I have a couple of other magazines I get as digital versions and rarely read them whereas with the physical version of Iron Cross magazine I read it from cover to cover.

Edited by hucks216

41 minutes ago, hucks216 said:

Aye, I have been in from the start. Issue 4 failed to arrive originally but the publishers sent me another copy so I am all up to date.

To begin with I was undecided to get the physical version of the magazine or the digital version but I have a couple of other magazines I get as digital versions and rarely read them whereas with the physical version of Iron Cross magazine I read it from cover to cover.

Yeah... that surprised me when I got my first one... usually i skip through magazines to the things that interest me, with ICM I am pulled to most articles... even if it is way out of my range in interest the layout attracts my eye and I end up reading the article. I am going to hit ebay and try complete my set

22 minutes ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Yeah... that surprised me when I got my first one... usually i skip through magazines to the things that interest me, with ICM I am pulled to most articles... even if it is way out of my range in interest the layout attracts my eye and I end up reading the article. I am going to hit ebay and try complete my set

Same here. I have little interest in WW1 but have read every WW1 related article, and the same with the article comparing the British & German engines which is really not my area of interest but fascinating to read. And I love the artwork. Computer designed images, especially aircraft or vehicle profiles, are perfectly fine but the hand drawn examples used in the magazine add an extra dimension to the quality of the profiles.

• 4 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

I have only just been able to catch up with all the great posts in here and this one in particular has caught my eye. Thank you very much for the great feedback Hucks. I will surely pass this on. 

Much appreciated!! 

On 07/11/2020 at 06:42, hucks216 said:

The Iron Cross binder has just arrived and unlike other binders I have seen in the past has an easy to use method to contain the magazines that won't damage the page edges. Still haven't settled where on the shelves to put it though.

20201107_112955.jpg

20201107_113252 (1).jpg

What are the German Red Cross books? 

• Blog Comments

• Sounds great other than the Orange & Mango squash only because I prefer cran-pomegranate juice.
    • "(...) disgusting herbal concoction (...)" I took note of this description, to enrich my otherwise limited, English "Wortschatz"...
    • At work the standard indian tea such as PG tips is referred to as chimp tea. This goes back to the days when we had a Spanish girl working for us whose command of the English language was extremely limited. One lunch she said she was going to the shop could she get anything. I asked if she could get a pack of tea bags. She returned with some disgusting herbal concoction. I tried to explain what was required but without success. I then remembered PG tips had a picture of a chimpanzee on the packe
    • When I read Lapsang Souchong i decided to post something about these Tea . Many years ago I dont  know about Lapsang until I read James Michener book Centennial and the description of the savour of the Lapasang as a mix of tar and salt & smoked made me proof . It was exact ! and i liked it since then .
    • I have been known to drink Lapsang Souchong and Tea, Earl Grey, Hot... both "without pollutants". I normally have one mug of coffee in the morning, then spend the rest of the day drinking Orange & Mango squash (by the pint). Then evening comes and it's a pint, followed by red wine with dinner and sometimes a drop of Laphroaig afterwards.