Char. Konteradmiral (Ing.) Adolf Schützler - Ottoman War Medal?

Sure looks like the Eiserner Halbmond ... maybe he served on a German ship under Kaiserlicher Ottomanischer command? I couldn't find him in the Rangliste 1916, so maybe he was officially by the "Osmanische Kriegsmarine"?!

Is the last medal a Hanseatenkreuz?

Do you happen to know more about von Truppel? Thanks! https://gmic.co.uk/topic/77154-admiral-oskar-von-truppel/?tab=comments#comment-695886

Edited by Deutschritter
1 hour ago, Deutschritter said:

maybe he served on a German ship under Kaiserlicher Ottomanischer command? I couldn't find him in the Rangliste 1916, so maybe he was officially by the "Osmanische Kriegsmarine"?!

For the duration of the war he was the Fleet Engineer with the Command of the High Seas Fleet, then the High Seas Forces (30 March 1914-02 April 1918). He retired on 23 May 1918.

Is the last medal a Hanseatenkreuz?

Yes, it's the Lübeckisches Hanseatenkreuz.

Here is his list of awards:

-Königlich Preußischer Kronen-Orden II. Klasse mit Schwertern (02. 03. 1918)
-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse
-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse
-Königlich Preußische Kaiser Wilhelm-Centenarmedaille 1897
-Königlich Preußischer Roter Adler-Orden IV. Klasse
-Königlich Preußischer Kronen-Orden III. Klasse
-Königlich Preußischer Kronen-Orden IV. Klasse
-Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz
-Königlich Bayerischer Militärverdienstorden III. Klasse mit der Krone und Schwertern
-Offizierskreuz des Königlich Sächsischen Albrechts-Ordens mit Schwertern
-Lübeckisches Hanseatenkreuz
-Großherzoglich Oldenburgisches Friedrich August-Kreuz I. Klasse
-Großherzoglich Oldenburgisches Friedrich August-Kreuz II. Klasse
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Eiserner Halbmond

Do you happen to know more about von Truppel?

Regarding Truppel, I will send you a PM.

3 minutes ago, Deutschritter said:

If you have an exact birth- and deathdate I would be thankful ...!

For Adolf Schützler or Oskar von Truppel?

Here is for both:

Adolf Schützler (03 August 1860 in Bonn – 13 January 1932 in Aachen)

Oskar von Truppel (17 May 1854 in Katzhütte - 20 August 1931 in Berlin-Frohnau)

One last, small question for Kriegsmarine Admiral: If Schützler was retired "mit dem Charakter als Konteradmiral (Ing.)" 1919 (depending on when), was he then officially considered a Konteradmiral  a. D. of the Kaiserliche Marine or rather a Konteradmiral a. D. of the Vorläufige Reichsmarine?

Edited by Deutschritter

One last, small question for Kriegsmarine Admiral: If Schützler was retired "mit dem Charakter als Konteradmiral (Ing.)" 1919 (depending on when), was he then officially considered a Konteradmiral  a. D. of the Kaiserliche Marine or rather a Konteradmiral a. D. of the Vorläufige Reichsmarine?

He retired on 23 May 1918. But his last rank was Marineoberchefingnieur (equivalent to the rank of Kapitän zur See) (from 13 July 1916). On 23 August 1919 he was "Rang als Konteradmiral (Ing.) verliehen". It doesn't say it was a Charakter rank, but it has to be, since he was retired for over a year when he got the rank. 

He would most certainly be considered Konteradmiral  a. D. of the Kaiserliche Marine. In my opinion, all officers that got promoted to admiral ranks until 1 January 1921 (when the Reichsmarine was officialy established) are considered Kaiserliche Marine admirals.