News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italy.Al Valore di Marina .Citation needed

numis

Would anyone be able to help verify and provide a citation for a bronze AL VALORE DI MARINA medal named to " Pongetti Emilio / Marinaro / Ancona / 17 Ottob.1895 " 

Previous written letter  inquiries to official Italian sources in 1995 produced no results

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

In response to CB above:

I fail to see how effectively rerunning a post which has not received response originally is " spamming " 

A failure of initial response does not necessarily mean that no one knows or no one wants to advise .

My experience  of this and other forums has been that rerunnings of unanswered  posts have indeed produced informational  results which have been of benefit to all interested in the topic under discussion.

Sometimes people miss the first outing of a posting or may have seen it and intended to respond but then have been caught up in pressures of life and have not got to doing it 

People scroll through the topics and answer what they want.

It is considered bad manners to keep pushing threads to the top due to impatience.

If you do so restrict it to one or two important threads but not every long shot you have posted on the forum.