News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show us your pre 1815 Uniforms

Das Limpet

12 hours ago, Stuka f said:

Very impressive!

And can you tell me what they are, please?

well, the first is a volunteer unit I haven't been able to track down as of yet and the other belonged to this chap 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Thomas_Woollaston_White,_1st_Baronet

IMG_0092.jpeg

Edited by Das Limpet

There are not very many uniforms that early and in decent condition left.  In fact a friend of mine, Peter Twist of the firm Historical Twist, makes a large number of very high quality reproducations of Napoleonic era uniforms for collectors and museums in North America and Europe, because originals are simply unobtainable. :(

I take it that the second coat is the Sherwood Yeomanry uniform?

4 hours ago, peter monahan said:

There are not very many uniforms that early and in decent condition left.  In fact a friend of mine, Peter Twist of the firm Historical Twist, makes a large number of very high quality reproducations of Napoleonic era uniforms for collectors and museums in North America and Europe, because originals are simply unobtainable. :(

I take it that the second coat is the Sherwood Yeomanry uniform?

yes, the 2nd coat belonged to Sir Thomas Woollaston White. After doing an exhaustive internet search on pre 1815 uniforms over the years, I believe there's more out there than I originally thought. Surely not taking away the fact that they are scarce, but thankfully there's a good number of examples that have survived out there. 

I'm also aware of the historical twist site and they seem to make fairly accurate examples.