Hi together,

First: I wish you a happy, healthy New Year 2021.

Second:

I found an old thread about GFM Model and his bar here in the forum.

As some of you know, i also collect pics and postcards (photo cards) of military personel of the German Army.

I few days ago,  i could get the shown card.  The seller didn`t know the name of that guy.

Imo the card shows the later GFM Walter Model - here as a Hauptmann of the Reichswehr. If i am right, the AGFA sign on the back signs to me,

that the photo was taken in around 1923.  I cannot produce a better result with my scanner.

The shown bar shows a frosty framed EK (and bigger sized -  produced after 1918) as you can see on "his" bar of the old thread.  I am nearly sure to see the damage of the  6 o`clock crossarm of his MVO4X  - what i also can see is, the early thin swords of the MVO. - so my personal opinion is, that  Paul`s bar definitely belonged to him.  In the mid of 1930s (after the Wehrmacht was "founded") the LSC`s  were added to the shown bar.

My pic was also shown in the book of the old thread.

Best.

Joe, Germany

zähringer 146.jpg

3 minutes ago, ixhs said:

Hi together,

Second:

As some of you know, i also collect pics and postcards (photo cards) of military personel of the German Army.

I few days ago,  i could get the shown card.  The seller didn`t know the name of that guy.

Imo the card shows the later GFM Walter Model - here as a Hauptmann of the Reichswehr. If i am right, the AGFA sign on the back signs to me,

that the photo was taken in around 1923.  I cannot produce a better result with my scanner.

The shown bar shows a frosty framed EK (and bigger sized -  produced after 1918) as you can see on "his" bar of the old thread.  I am nearly sure to see the damage of the  6 o`clock crossarm of his MVO4X  under my lens - what i also can see is, the early thin swords of the MVO. - so i think Paul`s bar definitely belonged to him.  In the mid of 1930s (after the Wehrmacht was "founded") the LSC`s  were added to the shown bar.

Best.

Joe, Germany

zähringer 146.jpg

zähringer 147.jpg

5 minutes ago, ixhs said:

Hi together,

Second:

The shown bar shows a frosty framed EK (and bigger sized -  produced after 1918) as you can see on "his" bar of the old thread.  I am nearly sure to see the damage of the  6 o`clock crossarm of his MVO4X  - what i also can see is, the early thin swords of the MVO. - so my personal opinion is, that  Paul`s bar definitely belonged to him.  In the mid of 1930s (after the Wehrmacht was "founded") the LSC`s  were added to the shown bar.

Best.

Joe, Germany

zähringer 146.jpg

zähringer 147.jpg

Edited by ixhs

great photo and I am 100 % certain, that this shows the young Model. When I was serving in the German Bundeswehr we had an Oberstleutnant Kirschbaum and he wore a monokel as well. For me as a young Fahnenjunker it was pretty amazing, it had the touch of old noblese at this time. 

Long time ago!