News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Freikorps Wolfgang Baltikumkämpfer

Hi Everybody

I have never seen this badge before. One of my friend is searching for it since several years without success. Maybe someone here can help me about history of this unit. I will check on the Salomon's book to know if there is something.

Thanks for your help.

Christophe

Wolfgang Baltikumkämpfer 11.jpg

i don't believe the pin represents a particular freikorps unit per se, rather this is the 2nd type (1933-35) stickpin for an organization representing ex-freikorps fighters and veterans of the post-ww1 baltic conflicts, that went through several name changes and reorganizing between 1921-36

Eric is correct.

Here is the history of this organization.

Der Reichsverband der Baltikumkämpfer

Organization for Freikorps veterans of the 1919 Baltic Campaigns, 1921-1936.

Founded as the Verein Ehemaliger Baltenkämpfer (Association of Former Baltic Fighters) in Magdeburg in 1921. In 1924, it was renamed Der Reichsverband der Baltikumkämpfer and in 1935, it merged with the short-lived Kameradschaft Baltikum und Freikorpskämpfer (founded in 1933) as essentially their memberships overlapped. On June 2-3, 1934 a reunion of the 36,000 members was held at Castle Saaleck where a large limestone plaque honoring the fallen of the Baltic campaign was installed in the east tower with a speech from the former Baltic commander, Graf Rüdiger von der Goltz. The association was disbanded in June 1936 by Interior Minister Wilhelm Frick.

Here are membership documents and a membership pin for Verein Ehemaliger Baltenkämpfer and Der Reichsverband der Baltikumkämpfer.

Baltikumkampfer_cert.jpg.de4f56de5ffe2de31d601ec93b125f84.jpgBaltikumkampfer_membershipCompsm.thumb.jpg.259effd1877e24a0d4e0e21555780284.jpg1599888657_Ehemal_Balt_Kampferstickpincusm.thumb.jpg.9f3da2ffbe8339f7eab090365d0ea91c.jpg

Here are two other pins that likely have some association with this group. One is a pin for former members of the Eiserne Division and the other for Kameradschaft Freikorpskämpfer Gotha, an organization I don't have any specific information about.

1658736331_EiserneDivisionpin.jpg.7c6f6a45f4b56ddc2967880cb5ca524c.jpg1224194059_(KGrHqV!hEFByyWgzOGBQns1cbdg60_57.thumb.jpg.e26a7249c451e910df1167d5d67e11ba.jpg

Edited by bolewts58

1 hour ago, Deruelle said:

Many thanks to all. Is it easy to find such items now ?

Christophe

No. These pins are all quite scarce and very expensive. The pin you started this thread with would likely be at least 500 - 600 EUR and probably more if you could even find one.

Edited by bolewts58