News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kaiser Century Medal prince size opinions

Gentlemen,

I am considering purchasing this prince size (29.9 mm) Kaiser century medal. I know these are unofficial awards pieces and wanted any opinion on if this would be a good period piece?

regards, 

chuck 

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

50 minutes ago, waldo said:

Can't access the site

With regards to the one posted, looks like a good period piece, official or not, they certainly existed

IMG_20190828_130940 copy.JPG

Edited by Alex K
    photo added

Hi Vince,

I'm thankful and value all opinions of the members. As their were over million recipients of the medal i would imagine a large number of companies produced with variations in secondary awards. Could you please elaborate why you think the details are weak.

Thank You very much

Chuck

Chuck, I have a couple of these reductions on medal bars, and they look to be of much higher quality than the piece you show. It might be the photos, but I don't like the gilding, looks like paint, and the details look more like a casting than something die struck.

Hi Vince, 

I already had it on order as the pieces i have seen on line are normally 3 x the price. I'll post some better photos later and see if i made a bad choice.

Thanks,

chuck

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...

Hi Saschaw,

Thank you for your opinion, the dealer was less than honest and sent a WWII Luftwaffe badge and then refused to send the correct item. live and learn a bad e-bay dealer.

regards,

chuck