News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Carl Poellath paperbag

Hello and greatings from Norway!

I need some help with some paperbags i obtained lately

This paperbag from the company Carl Poellath KG measures 13*8cm and is unused. The backside is unmarked

Anyone able to tell me the age of this one and the purpose? For medals, military insignia or maybe something civilian?
    Thanks in advance for the help

C.Poellath KG1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I am not at all familiar with paper award bags from Carl Poellath (or Karl Pöllath depending on the time period).  They look like their from post-1945.  I don't know why they wouldn't be legit.  Are they faking the award bags too?

Bombarder,

I would say post war.  I've never seen a BRD post war award come in a paper bag.  This bag is quite different from the war time ones and I don't know what would have come in it.    This site has one for sale but they don't really say what it is.  https://derrittmeister.com/product/carl-poellath-kg-award-packets-bavaria/  Possibly try posting this on the BRD  sub forum on the WAF. (Wehrmacht Awards Forum)

Regards,

Gordon

Lets not forget... for many of these firms, military awards and badges were made for a short period over decades or even centuries of existence... for every wound badge he made, he probably made 2 table tennis association badges, for every iron Cross he made he made 10 football association badges.... and even today they are making Carnival medals and golf trophies... the chances that a bag are civilian are very large indeed unless there is some definiae evidence...

Usually if they were imperial period like the rittmeister implies they would have mentioned on it that they were a supplier to the Kings court... so I think it safe to exclude the WW1 period... also does not look WW1 style, the München 15 does not help because the Stadtbezirke were used for a long period from before WW1 to after WW2...

21 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Usually if they were imperial period like the rittmeister implies they would have mentioned on it that they were a supplier to the Kings court... so I think it safe to exclude the WW1 period... also does not look WW1 style, the München 15 does not help because the Stadtbezirke were used for a long period from before WW1 to after WW2...

Yup and the ww2 ones was quite anonymous with only the small producername stamped on the back.
    I would guess that medals came in boxes and not these cheap bags. I understand that the company made insignia for US Army, but those usually i think was fitted on cardboard and not put it in these bags ?