News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just won this one tonight for my sister (from another mother). I just finished up the ID's... hope I nailed them all. Any chance for ID'ing the original recipient on this one? Only pics I have at the moment (sellers).

Vatican Equestrian Order Of The Holy Sepulchre Of Jerusalem with Crown.

Reuss Honor Cross 2nd Class Gold.

Württemberg Order of the Crown Knight.

Bavarian Merit Order 3rd Class Without Swords.

Prussia Order of the Crown 3rd Class Knights Cross.

Prussia Order of the Red Eagle 3rd Class Knights Cross.

Saxony Albrecht Order 1st Model (1851 to 1875) 1st Class Knights Cross.

Any help deeply appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan

917521158_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.ca7ab5e50251049921ea507c40f5ecec.jpg24034128_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.47acc1d32c6ca99a63a48cf6fdb315c3.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.de0d6d13be6fc65cef6c749d60a67efd.jpg

Edited by Hauptmann

Many thanks! Who tends to ID such things nowadays? I so miss Rick... he'd have taken one look at it and I'm positive if it could be ID'd he could likely do it right off the top of his head. When we lost him it was like losing the library at Alexandria and then some all over again.

Anyhow, is there another section I should post it in for possible ID help?

Many thanks in advance!

Dan

21 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Dan,

may I ask, why you think it is the Albrechtsorden 1. Modell?

The 1st Model should show another head, see below.

204072053_KopfAlbrechtsorden1Modell.jpg.cba3dd8cf7666934f57bf12c7d5f6f69.jpg

The württ. Kronenorden is a Ritterkreuz mit den Löwen.

Kind regards
    Andreas

Hi Andreas. The night we got it I did searches online to try to ID each piece. If I'm incorrect on this one please let me know what it is? Any help is deeply appreciated.

Many thanks!

Dan

On 03/02/2021 at 04:31, dedehansen said:

Hi Dan,

it is an Albrechtsorden Ritterkreuz 1. class, but not the early vision,

it think it is this model.

1065084512_AO1a.thumb.jpg.2139abaf0905b73bb498553e71c242d0.jpg

Kind regards

Andreas

Many thanks Andreas! Deeply appreciate the help. I wish I had better references on Imperial that got into more detail. Just can't afford them now... prices on them have gone insane. Had to fly mostly on the net but some really had me stumped for a good while.

On 03/02/2021 at 20:46, CRBeery said:

What a fantastic piece! I’m surprised there is no Century medal but this may be a style choice in only having “ the good stuff on a bar”. I hope a name can be found.

Many thanks! I sure hope so too. Lord knows Rick Lundstrom would have probably figured it out in about ten seconds. Sure miss him! But keeping my fingers crossed that someone can ID it. Be so nice to be able to put a name to it.