News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kindly Asking Your Guidance About Soviet Medals

Hi Folks!

I was wondering about collecting ''Soviet medals&orders'' 

I used to do it; but I sold my collection recently because there was no pattern..-

I want to collect 'professionally'.

There are many diffirent manufecturers and diffirent types for same award:

Do collectors; do you care about them? or it is not the only way to collect 'professionally'?

I am done with collecting everything I like. I want to create a beatiful collection.

Kindly asking your help about it.

Also I am open for any advices; especially for guidance books.

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

What people collect depends on what catches their fancy; everybody has different interests and therefore a different collecting focus. Some people focus on different types and variations, others only collect decorations in the best possible condition (or the exact opposite: ground-dug awards in extremely poor condition), and others are only interested in awards with interesting stories behind them. You can focus on a certain country, a certain period, a certain conflict, a certain unit, or a certain branch or field. There is no right and wrong way to collect. Collect in a way that feels right for you; it's a hobby and you should ignore everybody who tells you you should do it differently.

That being said, most collectors do decide on a collecting focus at some point. I don't know many collectors who simply collect everything.

Also, an experienced collector advised me many years ago to always buy the rarest (which would usually be the most expensive) award you can afford. Chances are that a similar piece will not be available anytime soon. You can also spend your money on cheap medals that are a dime a dozen, but those will always be available. Plus, it can be extremely satisfying to find something you have been looking for for a long time.