Jump to content

Alexander Wilhelm Ernst Bernhard Freiherr von Humboldt-Dachroeden


Recommended Posts

Can anyone help me with promotion dates and awards for Alexander Freiherr von Humboldt-Dachroeden (1886--1940)? He served as Rittmeister in WW I, later he was SA-Brigadeführer. What is he wearing as a neck order? Johanniter-Orden? Ehren- or even Rechtsritter? Any other pictures? Thank you!

 

Alexander_von_Humboldt_(SA-Führer).jpg

Edited by Deutschritter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He was an active officer in Grenadier-Regiment zu Pferde Freiherr von Derfflinger (Neumärkisches) Nr. 3

 

Leutnant: 18.8.06 Cc

Oberleutnant: 28.11.14

Rittmeister: 27.1.16 D11d

 

He became a Johanniter Ehrenritter in 1917.

 

Regards

Glenn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Glenn J said:

He was an active officer in Grenadier-Regiment zu Pferde Freiherr von Derfflinger (Neumärkisches) Nr. 3

 

Leutnant: 18.8.06 Cc

Oberleutnant: 28.11.14

Rittmeister: 27.1.16 D11d

 

He became a Johanniter Ehrenritter in 1917.

 

Regards

Glenn

 

Thank you so much, Glenn! So he probably entered 1904?! I think I see a EK II (ribbon bar), do you happen to know if he also had the EK I? Once again, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

Looks like an Ehrenritter. What is this man's connection to the famous Gebrueder von Humboldt?

Very interessting question, so I looked into it: Theodor Emil Eduard von Humboldt-Dachroeden (1797–1871) was the son of Friedrich Wilhelm Christian Carl Ferdinand Freiherr von Humboldt (older brother of Alexander). Theodors son was Wilhelm Karl Theodor August von Humboldt-Dachroeden, Wilhelms son was Generalleutnant  Franz Günther Wilhelm Alexander von Humboldt-Dachroeden and his son was our Alexander Wilhelm Ernst Bernhard Freiherr von Humboldt-Dachroeden, making him the Ururenkel of Wilhelm von Humboldt (1767–1835) ...!

Edited by Deutschritter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you will allow, I have a question to Franz Günther Wilhelm Alexander von Humboldt-Dachroeden (1858–1942). I found him in the Rangliste 1912, Kommandeur 22. Kavallerie-Brigade, Generalmajor since 13. September 1911. It seems he left the army as Adalbert von Wurmb took over the brigade 1913. Was he, as I suspect, reactivated in WW I. Every information would be welcome. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for looking into the connection. The reason I ask is that my great-great-great grandfather was the Erzieher of the Humboldt brothers, his name was Gottlob Johann Christian Kunth, and he is buried on the Humboldt estate at Tegel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but I think my ancestor's nephew, Carl Sigismund Kunth, is more interesting. He was an intimate associate of Alexander von Humboldt and was a founder, along with Bonpland, of the Berlin Botanical Museum. Of course the material for this museum came from the famous Orinoco expedition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is Freiherr von Humboldt-Dachroeden's daughter Maria-Anna Sybilla Margarethe Freiin von Humboldt-Dachroeden marrying Luftwaffen-Hauptmann Hubertus Karl Wilhelm Prinz von Preußen (1909–1950) on 29 December 1941 (Schloß Oels).

 

Bildpostkarte der Hochzeit des Prinzen Hubertus von Preußen mit Maria-Anna Freiin von Humboldt-Dachroeden, 1941.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/03/2021 at 00:23, Deutschritter said:

If you will allow, I have a question to Franz Günther Wilhelm Alexander von Humboldt-Dachroeden (1858–1942). I found him in the Rangliste 1912, Kommandeur 22. Kavallerie-Brigade, Generalmajor since 13. September 1911. It seems he left the army as Adalbert von Wurmb took over the brigade 1913. Was he, as I suspect, reactivated in WW I. Every information would be welcome. Thanks!

 

Generalleutnant z.D. Alexander Freiherr von Humboldt-Dachroeden (29.5.59-6.6.42) retired as a Generalmajor on 21 March 1913. Reactivated for the war he initially commanded the stellvertrende 40. Infanterie-Brigade, (the rear headquarters that remained in the homeland and carried on with recruiting and training duties etc. while the brigade was in the field). He commanded the 182. Landwehr-Infanterie-Brigade from 4 September 1915 to 16 April 1917. The Ehrenrangliste shows him to have finally commanded 251. Landwehr-Division. He was promoted to char. Generalleutnant on 18.11.15 and subsequently received a Patent as such of 16.4.17.

 

Regards

Glenn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Deutschritter said:

Luftwaffen-Hauptmann Hubertus Karl Wilhelm Prinz von Preußen

Funny that he is in the Luftwaffe given the Prinzenerlasses of the previous year, a law barring members of the former German ruling houses to undertake frontline duties, as a result of the death of Wilhelm Friedrich von Preußen in 1940.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Glenn J said:

 

Generalleutnant z.D. Alexander Freiherr von Humboldt-Dachroeden (29.5.59-6.6.42) retired as a Generalmajor on 21 March 1913. Reactivated for the war he initially commanded the stellvertrende 40. Infanterie-Brigade, (the rear headquarters that remained in the homeland and carried on with recruiting and training duties etc. while the brigade was in the field). He commanded the 182. Landwehr-Infanterie-Brigade from 4 September 1915 to 16 April 1917. The Ehrenrangliste shows him to have finally commanded 251. Landwehr-Division. He was promoted to char. Generalleutnant on 18.11.15 and subsequently received a Patent as such of 16.4.17.

 

Regards

Glenn

Great Information, Glenn, I was hoping for something like this. Thank you very much!!! Do you have any awards for WW I?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what I have for Franz Günther Wilhelm Alexander Freiherr von Humboldt-Dachroeden up unto Ranglsite 1912:

 

Sankt-Annen-Orden, III. Klasse (RA3)

Zentenarmedaille, 1897

Roter Adlerorden, IV. Klasse

Orden der Krone von Italien, Offizierkreuz (JK4)

Verdienstorden Philipps des Großmütigen, Ritterkreuz I. Klasse (GHVP3a/HP3a)

Verdienstorden (Waldeck), III. Klasse (WVK3)

Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz

Ehrenlegion, Offizier (FEL4/FE4)

Preußischer Kronenorden, III. Klasse

Orden Heinrichs des Löwen, Kommandeur II. Klasse (BrH2b)

Roter Adlerorden, III. Klasse mit der Schleife

Orden von Oranien-Nassau, Kommandeurkreuz (NH3)

Sankt-Annen-Orden, II. Klasse mit Brillanten (RA2mBr)

Militär-Verdienstorden (Bulgarien), Großoffizier (BMO2)

Preußischer Kronenorden, II. Klasse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...