News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order for Service to the Motherland

Here is mine, a 3rd Class with S/N 19137.

I was told this is one of the few around with those four rays (kind of mirror-reverse thing) on the reverse of the bottom arm of the four pointed star.

Dolf

Obverse:

Edited by Dolf

• Replies 178
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolf,

Definately an interesting detail. It looks like four rays. I'm going to have a look at mine.

:beer: Doc

Mike,

I had already posted this Order on the S-A Forum quite some time ago, you have some more information about this variation there.

Dolf

Mike,

With or without rays it's still imho a nice (and heavy) Soviet Order, often amazingly underrated by collectors!

Dolf

It looks like four rays.

PS: In fact for being a real mirror-reverse it should have 6 rays. I'll have to double check mine better later.

Edited by Dolf

Nice, guys. :beer: Both are good research-candidates, i guess. :cheers:

Gerd,

You think that based on the S/Ns these could have been issued pieces?

If so, any ideas about years they might have been awarded?

Thanks,

Dolf

Gerd,

You think that based on the S/Ns these could have been issued pieces?

If so, any ideas about years they might have been awarded?

Thanks,

Dolf

Dolf, both are definately awarded pieces. Your number is from around 1975 and the one from Doc is from about 1985. If one of them were mine, i would try to get them researched :beer:

Gerd

Dolf, both are definately awarded pieces. Your number is from around 1975 and the one from Doc is from about 1985. If one of them were mine, i would try to get them researched :beer:

Gerd

Gerd,

Thanks a lot for the valuable information! ;)

Dolf :beer:

PS: I wonder, for what reason could this one be awarded in 1975?

Have to check the awarding statutes on the Guide I guess. Anyway, not as a long time service award, right? Also not for Afghanistan (from 79 to 89), so?...

Thanks again.

Edited by Dolf

Fantastic pieces :beer: I realy do love these crabs

Gerd,

Do you have an idea when or if mine was awarded its number 95148 :unsure:

Order of Victory

It is possibly that this one was awarded in 1988 or 1989. Without researching it is impossible to

say exactly, sometimes there are jerky leaps in the searial numbers and dates.

Serial number 107.895 was awarded in 20.02.1991. So there is an chance that all serial numbers before

were awarded.

regards

Andreas

Attached is a picture with awarding dates of the Order of Lenin, here you see very good the jerky leaps.

(I hope the dates are correct)

Edited by Alfred

Attached is a picture with awarding dates of the Order of Lenin, here you see very good the jerky leaps.

(I hope the dates are correct)

Funny that the highest S/N from these (437,333) was awarded in 76, and 432,781 in 73, therefore before other with lower S/Ns that were awarded after these!

Why didn't they award them by S/N order? That would have made the collector's life much easier :cheeky:

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

Just wondered... when would the one I got from you have been awarded?

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

PS: I wonder, for what reason could this one be awarded in 1975?

Have to check the awarding statutes on the Guide I guess. Anyway, not as a long time service award, right? Also not for Afghanistan (from 79 to 89), so?...

Ok, just checked the Guide and the Statute of the Order says among other things that it could be awarded "For accomplishments in military and political training, support for the high level of troop preparation, and developing new military equipment". So no military actions, in war or combat were necessary to be awarded with the OSM, right?

Dolf