News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Karl Friedrich Christoph Erich Böhme (help)

Gentlemen, online I can find EK II and I, Ritterkreuz des Königlichen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern and Pour le Mérite for Oberst Erich Böhme, but he seems to have had a lot more wartime awards. He seems to have the Eiserner Halbmond and three other Turk medals. What could that second neck order be? Can anyone help? Thank you!

Erich Böhme als osmanischer Oberst.jpg

Oberstleutnant Erich Böhme.jpg

Thank you, Gentlemen! Also a big thanks to the GMIC-member, who has sent me a private message. Here is what we have put together. Corrections are very welcome.

Zentenarmedaille, 1897

Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz

Roter Adlerorden, IV. Klasse mit der Krone

Eisernes Kreuz (1914), II. und I. Klasse

Hessische Tapferkeitsmedaille (HT)

Militärverdienstkreuz (Mecklenburg), II. und I. Klasse am Band für Kämpfer (MK1)

... or maybe Braunschweig Kriegsverdienstkreuz??? I think, Christophe is right, it looks more like Braunschweig than Mecklenburg?!?

Friedrich-August-Kreuz, II. und I. Klasse am Band für Kämpfer (OK1)

Bayerischer Militärverdienstorden, III. Klasse mit Schwertern und mit der Krone (BMV3⚔mKr)

Militärverdienstkreuz (Österreich), III. Klasse mit der Kriegsdekoration (ÖM3K)

Ritterkreuz des Königlichen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern, November 1916

Eiserner Halbmond

Türkische Silberne Imtiaz-Medaille mit Säbeln

Türkische Silberne Liakat-Medaille mit Säbeln

Stern von Rumänien, Offizierkreuz mit Schwertern (RumSt4⚔)

Kaiserlich-Ottomanischer Ehren-Dolch (Enveriye-Dolch)

Osmanié-Orden, II. Klasse (TO2; Halsorden)

Pour le Mérite als Oberstleutnant am 7. Mai 1918

Verwundetenabzeichen (1918) in Schwarz

Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer

Karl Friedrich Christoph Erich Böhme, Feldspange.jpg

By the way, he was a "Tannenberg-General" (Charakter als Generalleutnant 27 August 1939)

Edited by Deutschritter

20 hours ago, BlackcowboyBS said:

well it looks like the war merit cross 1st class from Brunswick, but I can't spot the 2nd class on his medal bar. If he doesn't have the 2nd class he fore sure wouldn't got the 1st. 

I wonder which picture is older: the one with the ribbonbar or the one with the medalbar. In the picture with the medalbar he is wearing both classes of the Brunswick war merit cross. On the bar it is the small cross behind the BMVOx.

Kind regards, Laurentius

On 25/05/2021 at 19:13, Deutschritter said:

Gentlemen, online I can find EK II and I, Ritterkreuz des Königlichen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern and Pour le Mérite for Oberst Erich Böhme, but he seems to have had a lot more wartime awards. He seems to have the Eiserner Halbmond and three other Turk medals. What could that second neck order be? Can anyone help? Thank you!

Have you recently got his PLM ?

• 1 year later...

The neck badge is Turkish 3rd Class Osmanie Order. It is not 2nd class because there is no breast star on his right chest. And it is not 4th class because it was worn on the left chest.

He also has Enveriye Dolch in the first photo.

Best wishes

Demir

Edited by demir

Hello!

According to the ranklist of honour I found a Major Böhme, served in the "Generalstab der Armee".

Last wartime duty "Heeresgruppenkommando F" (Asian front "Yildirim"), last rank Major-General, last duty after the war;: Heeres-Friedenskommission (Peace-commission of the army).

Ranklist 1914: Generalstab der Armee with uniform of Inf.Rgt.140

Medals 1914: RAO4 with crown, DAK

Ranklist 1923 Linienkommandant in Breslau (rank Oberst, since June 16, 1920). So the photo must have been taken before june 1920. No medal list in ranklist 1923

Ranklist 1924: Left with pension  (rank of Major-General)

1917-1918 he commanded the turkish 24th Infantry-Division

He´s got an own wiki-page (in german language):

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Böhme_(Offizier)

Edited by The Prussian