News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OK, I can make out the major neck orders (Grand Cross of the Iron Cross, PLM and the Annunciation Order) and some of the breast stars: Black Eagle and the Annunciation Order and what looks like Order of the Prussian Crown at lower left. What else?

3d29b5804abcfa61d5fb095da14c800b.jpg

As often with certain members of the Wilhelmine era this will be a long, but do-able list. Starting at the neck with:

- Grandcross of the Iron Cross

- Pour le Merité with oakleaves

- Holy Order of the Annunciation (an Italian Roman-Catholic decoration, although sometimes bestowed on non-catholics like Moltke)

- Russian Order of St. George

This is followed by the sash of the Order of the Black Eagle, below this sash is a cross of the Rechtsritter of the Johanniter-Orden. His medalbar, as often with high-ranking members of the Belle Epoque-era the medalbar is sadly worn below the sash which hinders us from identification. Given his rank there is most likely a correct identification of awards somewhere on the forum.

His breast is filed with several high German Orders, being:

- Grandcross of the Order of the Black Eagle with diamonds

- Baden House Order of Loyalty (Hausorden der Treue)

- Saxon Order of the Rue Crown (Orden der Rautenkrone)

- Grandcross of the Holy Order of the Annunciation (goes with the necklace)

- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach Order of the White Falcon (Weißen Falken-Orden or Hausorden der Wachsamkeit)

- Mecklenburgian Order of the Wendish Crown ( Orden der Wendische Krone)

- Last but not least, the EK1 from 1870

A nice picture with Moltke and his more modest attire of orders and decorations. I hope you find this list helpful.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Thanks to all on this one!  I have replicated his medal bar on a previous thread. I never would have gotten many of the breast stars. Good work!

Edited by filfoster