Generalleutnant Hermann Karl Boettcher ... Order of Military Merit (Bulgaria)

Gentlemen, this is a hard one for me. Is Boettcher wearing the Kommandeurkreuz, or, as some would suggest, the grand cross with swords and Kriegsdekoration? Thanks!

General Hermann Boettcher - Kopie.jpg

General Hermann Boettcher.jpg

1 hour ago, 1812 Overture said:

psc.thumb.jpg.d7ad092338bfd1a002361ba738c547d1.jpg

This man is wearing a perculiar uniform. It looks like the old pre-ww1 type with Litzen for generals. I doubt they are sowed unto a red backing. No stars on the shoulderboards so he is the lowest general rank in the army (generalmajor). Maybe he got a promotion and upgraded his uniform.

Kind regards, Laurentius

14 hours ago, Deutschritter said:

What a great picture, thank you! Do you know, what the generals name is?

I don't know, that Europeans and blacks look similar in my eyes. . It is said that you see Asians the same way?

14 hours ago, Deutschritter said:

What a great picture, thank you! Do you know, what the generals name is?

Morning,

Generalmajor Willy von Livonius.

Regards,

Glenn

1 hour ago, Glenn J said:

Generalmajor Willy von Livonius

I wonder, given his lastname, whether he has Baltic-german ancestors? His dad was also a quite famous chap from the army, so was his grandfather.

Kind regards, Laurentius

2 hours ago, 1812 Overture said:

I don't know, that Europeans and blacks look similar in my eyes. . It is said that you see Asians the same way?

yes, to European eyes nearly all asians do look the same, well at leat at fist sight. If you meet many then you get used to see the difference in their faces too. It is a common thing

Posted (edited)

I'm just an amateur, but what would his WW I awards be? EK II and I of course, Kronenorden II. Klasse with swords, Militärverdienstkreuz (Mecklenburg) II, Hanseatenkreuz (?), Order of Military Merit (Bulgaria) ... what else? Thanks, Gentlemen! What could that on the left side underneath the Johanniterkreuz (picture from 1812 Overture) be?

Willy Franz Karl Pius von Livonius.jpg

Is it this? What would the correct German name be? Thanks!

WII 70 a.jpg

Willy Franz Karl Pius von Livonius (Orden und Ehrenzeichen).jpg

Edited by Deutschritter
2 hours ago, Deutschritter said:

... Is it this? What would the correct German name be? Thanks!

WII 70 a.jpg

Willy Franz Karl Pius von Livonius (Orden und Ehrenzeichen).jpg

Yes it is: Erinnerungsabzeichen an den 70. Geburtstag Wilhelms II. (Hersteller Godet)

BTW the portrait of Livonius is NOT the picture of 1812 Overture, it is from my collection.

Livonius, Willy von 1871-1946 detail.jpg

Thank you ... a really great picture!!! Do you happen to know, when exactly he was promoted to Generalmajor? I just read in the NY Times he was Bankier after the war and visited NYC 1924 representing other German bankers.

On 09/06/2021 at 07:36, laurentius said:

This man is wearing a perculiar uniform. It looks like the old pre-ww1 type with Litzen for generals. I doubt they are sowed unto a red backing. No stars on the shoulderboards so he is the lowest general rank in the army (generalmajor). Maybe he got a promotion and upgraded his uniform.

Kind regards, Laurentius

The lace under his shoulderboards means AD ,that is Retired and his  uniform certaiinly looks as a Pre War  blue Waffenrock with red collar piped blue and with Alt Larisch Stickerei on it

8 hours ago, Deutschritter said:

Do you happen to know, when exactly he was promoted to Generalmajor?

Charakter als Generalmajor: 29.12.19.

Regards

Glenn

Great photo! It is post-1934, as I see Hindenburg cross after his combat awards and before peacetime decorations. What is the breast star with garter? Romanian?

2 hours ago, Valter said:

Great photo! It is post-1934, as I see Hindenburg cross after his combat awards and before peacetime decorations. What is the breast star with garter? Romanian?

It should be the grand officers breaststar of the Royal Bulgarian Order of Military Merit with war decoration.

Here a link: https://auctions.live-bidder.com/clients/rauch/en/sale/showLot/455/4410

Regards

Christian

6 hours ago, Deutschritter said:

Can anyone identify a Hanseatenkreuz by von Livonius? Very hard to see on the pictures. Thanks!

Gold centre with double-headed eagle, that's Lübeck for you