Double Dragon order info needed

Von Thronstahl

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy this Double Dragon order. It is part of the S.M.S. Zenta officer´s lot I´ve recently found in my neighbourhood.   I already have  few portrait photos and officer´s heir told me that he has his Chinese and Japanese medals with related documents.     In one of the portraits  he is wearing Double Dragon breast and Order of the rising sun 5th class. 

Can you tell me which class of the order is this?   It is obvious this is not a breast star and there is visible mark on one of the rays,  where it was hooked somehow .

And if it is possible, could you tell me the price of the order in this condition?  And price for a document too. It was awarded to a Austro Hungarian navy officer. Fregattenleutnant .

https://imgur.com/dSd1v4U

https://imgur.com/bhiDDe3

https://imgur.com/lVZ9gNW

https://imgur.com/W1KgGrK

i don´t  know what is wrong but I can´t post photos so I posted links only.

Edited by Von Thronstahl

We have some experts in here that should be able to pin it down.

To me it looks like a second type, third class, third grade (the center stone might have been replaced and it obviously misses the top stone).

I can not speak for the authenticity - I'm not knowledgeable enough when it comes to that...

Edited by Great Dane

2 hours ago, JapanX said:

Original piece.

bhiDDe3.thumb.jpeg.5934895f22001308147ae8b103871961.jpeglVZ9gNW.thumb.jpeg.6ae9a7caf374ba77d2c12fade07f854f.jpeg

Thank you for your answer Japanx.  Can you tell me which type is this and what is its value in this condition?  I am looking to buy it and it is part of bigger lot.  There is also "urkunde" for Double dragon and for Japanese Order of the Rising sun 5th class. 

Could you post photos of these "urkunde" and photo of the cavalier? 

If possible of course.

Regarding the badge - I wouldn`t pay more than $150-$200.

Edited by JapanX

I agree with Great Dane on the on the type, class, grade and with JapanX on the authenticity.

As Great Dane notes, the top coral stone has been lost and the blue centre stone has been replaced. 

There is considerable enamel damage from the photos. The suspension (this should be a neck badge) has also been lost and you can see the damage on the reverse of the top star ray.