News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Small Grouping of the Order of National Merit to Colonel Pierre HUOT

Graf

I got not long ago  this nice grouping  for the Commander of the national Order for Merit i

It was awarded to Colonel Pierre HUOT

That is the information I managed to get

Pierre Huot (1904–1987), commander of the 2nd GFC. Taking command after the death of Heilbronn, Lieutenant Huot distinguished himself in the defense of the village of Boos during the Defense of the Seine. Following the Armistice, Huot traveled to North Africa and joined the {Free French Forces]] as a Captain in the 1st Regiment of African Chasseurs (1st RCA) in July 1941. He went on to land in Provence in August 1944 with the French 5th Armored Division (5th DB). By March 1945, he commanded a squadron of the 6th African Chasseurs (6th RCA). In April 1945, he was wounded while fighting in Germany in the closing days of the war. He went on to be promoted to Chef d’Escadrons (Major) the following December. Huet served in Indochina from 1953 to 1955 and then in Morocco from 1955 to 1958 before being promoted to brigadier general in 1961. Huet finished his career as second in command of the French School of Cavalry at Saumur. Also I found that he was the last Commanding Officer of the French troops in Morocco..but not sure

What is pazzle me that according to this information he was promoted Brigadier general in 1961 while in the Document dated 12 May 1981 the rank is Lieutenant -Colonel

Any more information

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

Edited by Graf

• Graf changed the title to Small Grouping of the Order of National Merit to Colonel Pierre HUOT

Hi Hendrik,

Thank you for the hint Does that mean that at the time he was awarded the Commander -1981 he could have had the rank of general

Unfortunately not much information i can get from the internet

Best

Graf

Hi,

I think that a honorary rank as displayed on the diploma means the recipient was no longer in the armed forces reserve at the time. It would also mean that such was his rank when in said reserve and that he thus never rose to general rank.

I'm certainly no expert in the matter but I'm inclined to think it is another Pierre Huot that received this decoration, the name is not that uncommon ...

Ha, just now, when going over the diploma again, I happen to notice the date of birth is indicated on it : 3 January 1920 - so not your Brigadier General born in 1904 ! Sorry for the bad news.

Regards,

Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

Thank you for the information.

I could not find any other Officer with this date of birth.

Only two Pierre Huot are coming

The news as you stated i I do not take it as a  bad at all.

Just additional motivation to keep looking into the topic during those horror times around the World

Looks like your President is getting exited with what he is doing. like the Leaders from around the world  I hope the history and the people of France will forgive him one day.

My Main interests of collecting is not The French Order for National Merit as you can see from my posts.

I have only couple of the Order of National merit items

This one and an Officer This Commanders as you see is a luxury Model with Gold Central Medallions and the miniature is with a Diamond also luxury one

Cheers

France ONM 1LUX.JPG