News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Salutations everyone,

I found this picture of a Natal Scottish badge today, and it just so happened to have a tartan backing. Unfortunately, I myself wasn't able to identify what tartan it is.

If anybody knows what tartan this is, please let me know. 

Nataler.jpg

Peter I suggests you to visit tartansauthority. com there is a list of tartans weared by British or Commonwealth units . regarding the Murray of Athol tartan its more plausible than the Douglas tartan of the Natal Mounted Rifles

7 hours ago, Bayern said:

Peter I suggests you to visit tartansauthority. com there is a list of tartans weared by British or Commonwealth units . regarding the Murray of Athol tartan its more plausible than the Douglas tartan of the Natal Mounted Rifles

Bayern

I did look at Murray of Athol but don't know enough about either tartans or the SA forces to make a real informed call.  My true concern is that I am unable to find ANY information on the unit under discussion.  This is an affront to my pride and my self-proclaimed expertise in researching. :(

After doing some more research, it seems likely to me that it is Murray of Atholl. However, I did read somewhere that they had a Mackenzie tartan backing, so that's rather conflicting.