News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gentlemen,

I would be very gratefull if you could help me gather more information about the carrier and decorations dates of Georg Gabriel whose photos and decorations are shown below. 

The only thing I could find on the web was that he was serving  as a diplomat in Varna between 1899 and 1906.

foto1.PNG.f1dba197f97eb100967f03a98422743e.PNG

David,

he was awarded the RAO4 on 18 January 1905.

Lucky,

you might be interested to know he was also awarded the Prussian Crown Order 3rd class on 6 May 1908. He was the Konsul in Fiume from 24 August 1906 until his retirement on 6 May 1908. Born on the 19th of May 1858 in Berlin, he died on 23 October 1911 at Lankwitz/Berlin.

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J

Hi Glen J, 922F thank you both for all this very interesting information. 

Glen J, the information you gave is very precise, If possible I would be very grateful if you could share where you found those details.

Thank you a lot, 

Lucky

Lucky,

the dates of his Prussian orders are to be found in the 1905 edition of the "Königlich Preußische Ordensliste for the Red Eagle Order and the fourth supplement of the same publication covering the period February 1908 to January 1909 for his award of the Crown Order.

His biographical details are to be found in the "Biographisches Handbuch des deutschen Auswärtigen Dienstes 1871-1845", Band 2, Verlag Ferdinand Schöningh, Paderborn 2005.

Regards

Glenn